Friday, 13 September 2013

Friday again and the start of another weekend

Well, what a funny old week it's been? We've had brilliant sunshine and nights when it's been too hot to sleep under the covers and we've had near frost conditions too - what's this all about? One thing appears certain, autumn is just about here - leaves are turning/falling and there's a nip in the morning air too.
 
Having nipped to Snazzy's in Swindon yesterday and enjoyed a cuppa with Val and Donald as well as a little shopping I figured I should break the seal on the stash ...... with a little ATC. This means that I'm still not done with the layering technique!! In my last post I did say I might try with brighter reds and greens and I think this rocks too ........ look forward to hearing what you all think too. I wasn't sure when I first finished it but now it's had the chance to grow on me and I'm thinking I could carry this on to a large scale card sometime - just looking for the right focal image .... watch this space!
 
 
Materials used:
  • Red ATC blank
  • Off cut of black card
  • Off cut of white card
  • Kaisercraft "fence" image stamped using Adirondack red pepper ink
  • Kaisercraft "distress" image stamped using Adirondack bottle ink
  • Kaisercraft "Christmas feeling" sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Dovecraft trees (a recent card candy win, thanks Sarn) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
And, STILL not done with this layering technique here's another card ...



Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Black and deep brown card for matting and layering
  • White card panel for main image panel
  • Kaisercraft "fence" image stamped using Distress Ink in pumice stone
  • Kaisercraft "distress" image stamped twice - once with Memento London fog (bottom left) and once using Distress Ink in tea dye
  • Inkadinkado sentiment and guitar image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

I carried the design across to the insert too but the envelope just had the guitar and sentiment stamped on them. I'm REALLY pleased with the way this background turned out and think it makes for a great guy card too.



I had a lovely surprise earlier in the week too .... I was given a lovely bouquet of flowers from Joe, at Honda, an unexpected surprise, lovely aren't they? Thanks, Joe - most kind and greatly appreciated.
 
Don't look too carefully at the arranging - I tried to take them straight from the bouquet to the vase
and, frankly, it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped!!!
  
And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of Wynneth (thanks mate), something she came across on FaceBook!! - ENJOY!!!!
 
 

Have a great Friday and a fab weekend
 

7 comments:

Squirrel x said...

I have a bone to pick with you lady about the fortune I've just spent on Kaisercraft stamps, lol!! More totally gorgeous and brilliant cards Kathy, these are ace. Hugs Sxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy

Great inkiness going on here as usual. Absolutely LOVING the You Rock card - I really NEED that guitar one for my husband's cards! And the Kaisercraft background stamps are great too! Must dash to Hobbycraft on way home tonight!

I went to the local Biological Anxiety Relief centre last night for a C.O.C.K.T.A.I.L (insert your own words - I'm too tired!).

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the effect on the christmas card....I'm finally getting started on mine.

Debs M said...

great makes - loving the colours and image for the guitar card - looks great stamped off the edge for the envelope too!

wise words from Wynneth! love it x

My name is Wynneth said...

You are surely rocking this layering technique matey ! Fabiliscious ATC and card.

Glad you liked the FF I forwarded ;0)

Lovely bouquet, what a lucky girl you are !

Love
Wynneth
X

catherine said...

Great ATC's Kathy and doings so well with the layering technique.

Enjoy those lovely flowers.

Great Friday Funny this week too
x catherine

crafty-stamper said...

fantastic card I have these stamps and definitely going to try this technique so different from just matting and layering
Carol x