Friday, 20 September 2013

Here we are then, on the downhill run to the weekend!!!

Morning peeps,

I'd like to welcome a couple of new followers to my blog, Deepti from the U.S., and Carol - nice to meet you both and I hope you will stop by from time to time.

Had a couple of busy days one way and another .... first we've been struggling with technology but think we've more or less cracked it now. Secondly, we've had a fairly sociable week  .... what with dog training, meeting pals, going out for dinner. We had planned to go see the 80 gromits on display in the old Habitat building but the lines were 90 minutes long and the weather dire!! Those hardy souls who did persevere are plainly madder (or more determined) than me! Met up with a fellow crafter on Thursday morning too.

Thanks to the people who've been in touch about the lack of posts and enquiring if all's OK - yes, just busy - honest!

Nett result? Not much crafting done this week so no blog posts ...... I started this post with a view to posting a What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday but, with no crafting, there sure wasn't much going on at my table of craftiness and it ended up just sitting in my drafts folder .... until now!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Navy card off cut - ATC size
  • Orange off cut - edged with Distress Ink - festive berries
  • Stampers Anonymous image stamped using Distress Ink - ripe persimmon
  • Inkadinkado cobweb stamped using Versafine vintage sepia
  • Inkadinkado spider and sentiment stamped using Versafine Onyx black

Now, I follow the Indigoblu blog, as I'm sure do many of you dear readers and/or followers .... if not though - you might want to check out this blog post as there are some fabbylicious cards made using some Dylusions inks and mica powders - schimples!!! Check it out if you have a minute.

And now for the Friday Funny - this week courtesy of Angela - thanks mate!! I can quite see how this happened!!


Subject:  ADVICE FROM A RETIRED HUSBAND

 
  
 
It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.
 
My name is Frank. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Carol Anne. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Carol Anne to get a full-time job, along with her part-time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work.
 
Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the club, so eating out is not an option in the evening. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door. She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner.
 
I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.
 
Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour.. But, Boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean). I like to think tact is one of my strong points..
 
When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods.. She had to take a break when she was only half-finished mowing the lawn. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man.. I tell her to fix herself a nice big, cold glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.
 
I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Carol Anne. I'm not saying that showing this much patience and consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, Guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.
 
 
EDITOR'S NOTE:
Frank died suddenly on July 4th of a perforated rectum. The police report says he was found with a Calloway extra-long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer laying nearby. His wife Carol Anne was arrested and charged with murder. The all-woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her Not Guilty, accepting her defense that Frank, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.
 


Have a fab Friday

8 comments:

Lilian said...

I love the Friday Funny Kathy,
Thank you for yesterday, It was nice to see you,
Hugs
lilian

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great Friday Funny! I think I was on that Jury!

The weekend is almost upon us . . . have a good one.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVE the trick or treat project. Me no likey spiders though! xxx

Debs M said...

great atc, and i can definitely see how that happened!!!!!!!! x

Deepti said...

Thank you Kathy for the warm welcome :) I am so excited to follow you. Though I am new to this Friday funny thing but it was very interesting to read :) Also, I like ur card a lot

Darnell J Knauss said...

Love your spooky spidery ATC, Kathy! Somehow I knew that Carol Anne was going to get the upper hand in that story!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Loved your bright spooky & very striking card! Great job! I'll check out the dylusions link, as you are aware of my current love affair with that product. Oh, did I laugh at your funny. So true. Especially laughed at the last bit. He had it coming! TFS & giving me a Friday nite laugh.

Lesley Thomas said...

Great funny Kathy - I love it. Glad your mojo arrived back in time for a Friday post. I have it in mind to do a Halloween card or two, just haven't got around to it yet.