Sunday, 29 September 2013

Lazy Sunday? I don't THINK SO!

Morning folks,
 
Me again, busy weekend this weekend so not stopping long - in fact, just long enough to share today's make with you. It's my second LIM challenge entry using their fab sketch (see below), this time, a Christmas card - gotta keep ahead of the game this time of year otherwise I'll only get half way through writing my cards before realising that, actually, I don't quite have enough (GASP!!!!). Having done that one year I have no intention of finding myself in this situation again and this is why you will usually find me submitting Rudolph Day challenges whenever possible! I used to enter three, which ensures that I should have 36 ready for December each year plus others when the fancy takes me .... how many do I NEED? Well I sent out about 80 last year. I COULD argue that they don't ALL need to be hand made but - who do I give shop bought to? I tried that one year and got calls from friends all asking if I'd been ill and not had time to make Christmas cards - oops, no excuses now then! Best I crack on! Here's my make ....
 

 
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Red card and white card for matting, inserts and image panels
  • Circular die cuts for the image panel on the front and also for the matting layer
  • Kaisercraft "Graffiti" image (not Christmas-y but I tried it recently and decided it ROCKS Christmas!) stamped on the smaller white circle and across the bottom of the insert using VIVID red ink
  • Stampers Anonymous frame and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black and VIVID red ink on to white card (and cut out) for the card front, the white insert panel and the envelope (front and back).
  • Inkadinkado Christmas tree stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to the circular image panel and on to the insert and envelope
  • Crystal stickles on the tree - for added twinkle
 
A quick share of the insert and envelope too ...



And here's a reminder of the fab sketch my fellow LIM-ettes set us. Apologies LIM-ettes but I may actually not get round to entering it today (because of my busy day) but I really hope to upload it before the end of the challenge!
 
Have a fab Sunday - however you are spending it - we're having lunch with friends!, been looking forward to this for AGES now!
 

3 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Absolutely superb CAS Christmas card Kathy.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Another lovely christmas card,Kathy.

Debs M said...

love the background - i really should start making some too! x