Monday, 2 September 2013

Monday and Autumn's on its way!

Hi there,

I'd like to welcome my newest follower, Susie, thanks for following me and I hope you will stop by from time to time.
 
How's the weather where you are this Monday morning? The sun is shining and the forecast is for almost SUMMERY weather again today ... pardon me if I sound less than convinced. I looked out this morning and my car was covered in condensation...... now this screams AUTUMN to me rather than summer!

My pal's back to the hospital for an appointment as a follow up to surgery - fingers crossed all is going well with your recuperation matey. I have another pal with her husband in hospital and would like to wish Lovely Ron well and a speedy recovery too.

I've been busy over the weekend working on a challenge card and some co-ordinating ATC's but, unfortunately, cannot really share these with you until it's time to launch the challenge - that will be this coming Saturday .....
 
In the meantime I do have an ATC to share with you. Some of you may have noticed I've made a few recently - this is because I had almost run out and am expecting a bit of an influx soon!!! You may also have noticed that I have been photographing them on the most adorable little ATC sized easel and may even have wondered where it came from. I can't tell you the retail outlet it came from as it was sent with a fabulous CD clock recently from my crafting buddy (affectionately known as) Sir Andy of Stafford!! I hung my new CD clock on the wall but, isn't this easel just perfect for ATC's? You will also see that I'm still in my Kaisercraft layering phase right now! And I'm not the only one .... The Craft Barn's blog post today is all about stamp layering too - check out their post here
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card, pink card and white card - for matting, layering and image - none of  these were new pieces of card I should point out.
  • Kaisercraft "distress" image stamped using Distress Ink Victorian velvet
  • Kaisercraft "clocks" image stamped using Memento London fog
  • Visible Image "TIME" and "FLIES" sentiments stamped using Versafine onyx black
  • Visible Image (Craft Stamper freebie) edging stamp inked up with Memento London fog and stamped around the outer edge of my image panel
 
These ATC's were really quick to run up and used a few bits of off cut card - always good to use up bits, don't you think?, quite satisfying AND I now have a small collection built up in readiness for the swap letters I'm expecting to land on the mat soon too - DOUBLE bonus!.

On the It's a little bit crafty blog there's a CLEAN AND SIMPLE challenge - right up my street!!! This may be on the agenda today so watch this space!

Off to dog training with my pal and her pooch this evening. Not sure how long it's been since Mally was last at his training session as I know my pal has been so busy over the last eight weeks with summer holidays (she's a teacher) and her daughter's wedding followed by a relaxing break to unwind after all the activity in the run up to the wedding. I hope Mally hasn't forgotten EVERYTHING otherwise it will be a long hour at training! I'm looking forward to seeing the wedding photographs too as this is the first time our diaries have co-ordinated since the wedding!

Have a perfectly splendid Monday and enjoy the forecast SUMMERY weather! Hope you have more of it than we seem to!



5 comments:

catherine said...

Great looking ATC Kathy.
Best wishes for all those in hospital and recovering right now.
Have fun at Dog training with your pal
x catherine

Debs M said...

great atc, love the colours and the little display is a perfect size x

Lesley Thomas said...

It's not that summery here Kathy - it's relatively warm, but with grey clouds scudding by because it's quite windy too. So far, though, no rain.

Looking forward to seeing all your ATCs and cards once you are able to show us.

Lesley Thomas said...

I'm always a day late, as I come here earlier than when you post! Never mind, I like it, but preferred yesterdays, because it was more colourful.

Katie Berberich said...

Blimey, time sure does fly! How are my children so grown up? When did my hands start to look so "worn" lol! I blame the cleaning fluid, it can't be age -surely ;) ?
We've had 32 degrees the last couple of days and I believe we are in for a lovely weekend. Let's hope so.
Katie x