Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Monday - sorry TUESDAY!! ..... and it's a pastel day for me!

Hi folks

Bit late for me today (let's be honest, I THOUGHT it was Monday!!!)  - I blame those pesky darn crows/jackdaws/blooming large black squawky birds!!! They have been pretty much absent for much of the summer but they were back with vengeance at 05:30 this morning - grrrrr

Of course, those who know me may be a little confused by the title of my post - knowing that I'm not really a pastel colour kind of girl!!!! Read on and all will be revealed!
 
Decided that I should have a go at the video challenge which Clare did regarding a project using oil pastels ... I bought a set ages ago (in Hobbycraft of all places .... in my defence they were a BARGAIN at £1.99) and as you will see, have yet to do more than look at them!

So, I punched and stuck and gesso'd!

As per Clare's video I took a couple of sheets of A5 watercolour paper - the last two in my pad! Armed with my circular punch I randomly punched a few circles in one sheet and then, using Claudine Hellmuth matte medium, adhered both the positive and negative on to my second piece of watercolour card. Using a squeezed out baby wipe I applied gesso to the entire sheet and then went off to take a shower whilst it dried .....

Feeling clean and refreshed I headed back to the table of craftiness .... to my oil pastels - see how pristine they are?



I made my selection ....




Here's how it looked once I'd blended, a firm hand is needed, alternatively, you CAN cheat a bit by waving a heat gun briefly over the area to be blended!!!
 
 
I'm not entirely sure I'm done with the colour and/or blending so that's it for today - do check back tomorrow and see what else has happened. I still have 5 or 6 days to enter this challenge so hope to finish it in plenty of time though it is a bit of a busy week again at the purple palace!!

Over on the Miscanthuscrafts blog Clare has decided to make a pink project to celebrate Pink Friday's throughout October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Would anyone else like to join her, whether for 1 week or all 4 and help spread the word about how important breast awareness is...no matter how old you are! Whether you like pale pink or hot pink, a little or a lot of pink anything goes! If so link up there and pass it on (post the button on your blog please):
Join the fun and Pass it on!





Happy Monday


3 comments:

Debs M said...

isn't it tuesday???

great start btw - loving the circles and colours you used x

catherine said...

Looking good so far Kathy and nice colours you have chosen. looking forward to seeing more of it
x catherine

Lesley Thomas said...

It's now Wednesday here, so I'm late visiting! Kathy, pastel colours? Are you feeling OK? LOL - just so unusual for you.