Monday, 9 September 2013

Morning and welcome to another week at the Purple Palace of craftiness!

Morning readers and followers,

And what a change to the weather too - looks like autumn is properly with us, we've had cooler temperatures, windy weather, heavy showers - the whole nine yards ..... oh, and the nights are really drawing in too! Soon be Christmas! Best I crack on with some Christmas projects soon otherwise I may wake up and discover I'm too late!

And, as another week starts I'm here to tell that .......... NO, it would appear that I'm NOT done with this layering stamp technique yet though, in my defence, this card DOES use the "bubble wrap" image instead of the "distress" background but hey - YOU be the judge of whether you like this or not .... but, as far as I can tell - this technique sublimely suits the CAS card and seems to work just great in masculine colours - now, isn't that a neat trick to have up your sleeve? Have a look at another card using blue and grey this time - though the pink and grey is still my fave - just didn't want to look stuck in a rut!!! Actually, I rather like this colour combo ..................... and I have to point out that many of the Kaisercraft stamps lend themselves to this technique and, at around £3 for a stamp, you can't afford not to add a couple to your collection!!
 
 
My card

The co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card and light blue card, for matting and layering
  • White card for image and insert panel
  • Kaisercraft "bubble wrap" image stamped using Distress Ink - tumbled glass
  • Kaisercraft "alphabet" image stamped using Memento London fog
  • Close to my Heart image and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black
 
As you can see, I carried my matting and design across to the insert and also co-ordinated the envelope by stamping the image and sentiment on the front and (although you cannot see it) the rear flap of the envelope too. ....... I just wonder if I can turn this technique in to a Christmas project? ....... watch this space!
 
 
Happy Monday - hope you manage to avoid the wet and windy autumnal weather today where you are!

5 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Super card SET Kathy! And yes, I think it could become a Christmas version, I'll watch this space.

Squirrel x said...

This is just awesome hun! Love the bubble wrap effect, and the image is amazing. Briliant! Sxx

Debs M said...

looks great - such a versatile stamp and it looks fab on the envelope too x

My name is Wynneth said...

This really is a fabby stamp and I love your Kaiserkraft backgrounds.

Think we might have snaffled all the summery weather as it's glorious down here in my part of Cornwall. However, it is very windy and a lot cooler than just a couple of days ago. At least yesterday's raindrops are not falling on my head today LOL

Keep on with this fabulous technique, your are creating some amazing cards.

love
wynneth
x

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

A really wonderful postcard ... and ... I love this stamp. Awesome