Saturday, 21 September 2013

Saturday and it's my usual day for challenges

Morning,

It's the weekend and time for some challenges, but first ...... on my post yesterday I posted a link to the Indigoblu blog which showed a project using two shades of Dylusions ink sprays and some mica powders.
 
First chance this week to craft really following a busy schedule of "real life" this week so I set out to play yesterday late afternoon whilst hubby was at the flying field and after I had nipped to the mall for some ESSENTIAL and long overdue underwear shopping!! Don't even ask! Suffice it to say I am, once more, fully supported!! nudge nudge! Anyway, what did I do? Check it out
 
Inky panels using Purple and Pink Dylusions ink and cosmic shimmer mica powder in lilac

You can just make out the cosmic shimmer sheen
This is actually closer colour wise but you can't really see the lovely soft sheen

This shows the sheen better but burns out some of the colour! Ah well, I knew I was no David Bailey!
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Navy card offcut, cut to ATC size and adhered to my blank
  • Dylusions purple and pink ink sprays sprayed on to a craft sheet, cosmic shimmer mica powder liberally sprinkled over the ink and then spritzed with water
  • White card offcut dragged through the ink/mica mixture and dried using a heat gun before setting aside for an hour or so to really dry it out.
  • Hobbycraft wooden mounted leaf spray stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Sunshine Designs "teasel" image stamped twice using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Faber Castell metallic silver "Pitt" pen used to draw a freehand border on the navy border
 
Check out my side bar if you want to see all of the challenges, launched today, that I usually like to participate in - watch out, after a crafting desert I may well be back later with a second post!!!

The Simply Less Is More challenge today is to use felt or fabric! Sadly, I have absolutely NO INSPIRATION for this one ..... yet! So, I decided to publish this post rather than have another day with no post - it's been a bit of a crafting drought this week. Maybe (as I said earlier) I'll get to pop back with a second if the inspiration hits!!!!

Happy Saturday and  ................ KEEP CRAFTING .... !

7 comments:

Debs M said...

Great effect with the Mica powders Kathy - looks fab x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Excellent ATC and I'm pleased to see you tried out that technique.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Great effect,Kathy....and perfect colours for you.

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful Kathy colours for your backgrounds. I just don't know where the weeks are going to!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lesley Thomas said...

Love your purple selection Kathy. Felt flowers are what comes to mind - either simply cut by hand, or use a die if you have one. A simple spiral cut from a circle will give a pretty little rose when rolled up. Does that help?

Lilian said...

Looks great kathy. Love the colour and I know you would,
Hugs
lilian

catherine said...

These look fabulous Kathy and such great backgrounds
x catherine