Saturday, 7 September 2013

Saturday challenge day

Morning readers
 
It's my turn to set the monthly challenge over on the new Craftbubble 2½ forum, on the all new Craft Mad and Loving It group and I figured, fave colour? Purple, new Goth stash to use? What better than a Halloween theme for the challenge? It's the first challenge set on the new CB2½ and I'm hoping that it will be well supported despite being "just for fun". For those without Halloween images the added colour theme of purple and orange would work too .....
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Orange and purple card for matting and layering
  • 4" x 5" white card swiped with Distress Inks: dusty concorde and spiced marmalade
  • Visible Image barbed wire image stamped, top and bottom, using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Visible Image splat stamped numerous times using the distress inks
  • Visible Image girl with bear stamped using Memento tuxedo black on to white card and coloured using alcohol markers
  • Visible Image sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black and cut out before applying both distress inks using an ink duster
  • I drew round the goth girl image using a black Faber Castell pitt pen (F)
 
I will be entering this in the September challenge over at Visible Image where the challenge is "SENTIMENTal September"!!! Since you need to use Visible Image stamps and I just HAPPENED to have bought the above set recently and wanted to get it inky this seemed like a great idea!

And a couple of spooky ATC's too ...



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Purple card for matting
  • Orange card for image panel
  • All images by Inkadinkado and stamped with either Memento London fog or Versafine onyx black




Materials used:
  • ATC blank (grey)
  • Black card for matting
  • White card for image panel
  • Distress Ink dusty concorde and wild honey swiped over white card panel
  • Inkadinkado spider stamped multiple times using Memento London fog and twice in Versafine onyx black
  • Inkadinkado sentiment and bat stamped using Versafine onyx black

No new pieces of card were used in the making of these two ATC's - don't you love to use up scraps!?!???! AND they also fit the CMLI September challenge being both purple and orange AND Halloween! Perfick!

And here's something I ran up for the LIM challenge this morning - which is to use dark green and rust - not two colours I use a lot and I'm not entirely pleased with it .... perhaps you can tell me where I went wrong. Part of me thinks I need a border across the bottom .......? The Simply Less Is More challenge is a fabulous challenge but this week it's REALLY taken me out of my comfort zone!



Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Post its to mask my border and to mask my leaves
  • Petaluma large and small leaf images stamped in: Memento rhubarb stalk, potters clay, bamboo leaves, Brilliance rust
  • Dark Room Door sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black
 
Of course, there are all sorts of other challenges to have a go at today and those are listed in my side bar if you fancy joining me!!
 
Have a great Saturday


17 comments:

Debs M said...

love that girl and the atc's are fab! x

clare said...

Well done on using up your scraps on these spooktacular makes kathy.

Lesley Thomas said...

OOOH Kathy, your mojo is really working hard. Lovely card and ATCs.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oooh simply gorgeous Kathy x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Love all of the work you're showing on this post and the one above.

My fave is the SPOOKY one though!

Happy Saturday!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

FABBY! I dooooo LOVE Halloween. Love EVERYTHING. Well done Your Purpleness :oD Lx

Jan Ltc said...

Your card is gorgeous xx Jan

Pauline said...

This is beautiful stamping Kathy, I love the leaves in different tones, so autumnal.

itzamitzi said...

Kathy, I fell in love with your card... well, okay, I really, really like it! ;>} I need to make an autumn card for someone and I'm going to use your color combos, or as close as I can with the inks I own. Thanks for the great inspiration.

laurie said...

love your take on the less is more challenge!

The Crafty Laydee said...

Love those coloured leaves Kathy-and the scalloped edge on the card looks great too :)
Nessa xx

Gerrina said...

You have been bussy again! Love the LIM-card (I'm not so in to Halloween...) And as there is something missing (don't think so, but..) you could let the part stend out more bij drawing a line on the bottom of it... You'll pull it together and let is stend out at the same time...
Have an inky week! Gerrina

Pauline Butcher said...

Fabulous 'Molly' card, I love your choice of colours. Thank you for entering it into the Visible Image Challenge, and good luck. Hugs, Pauline, DT member. xxx

Jen said...

lovely card kathy

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

This is great Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kim Robertson said...

Lovely card Kathy and good luck in the Visible image challenge.Kim xx

Cathy said...

Fabulous card, Molly looks fantastic. Thank you for joining in the Visible Image challenge this month.
Cathy xx