Sunday, 15 September 2013

Soggy Sunday

Afternoon,

Another late post from me .... been busy trying NOT to get defeated by technology!! Ever have days when you wish you still used an abacus?
 
We were threatened with storms overnight and most of today - didn't happen! However, it's been pretty grotty all round, it's windy and it's not very warm and we've had a good few squally showers but nothing "storm" like really - maybe that's still to come .... or not!
 
Over at the PanPastels challenge blog their new challenge is to "Make it blue" and over on the That Crafty Place their new challenge is "Things with wings"



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Two navy card panels 11.5 x 15cm (sorry about the mixed metric/inches peeps)
  • Two white card panels 11 x 14.5cm
  • Kaisercraft "Distress" image stamped using Distress Ink in broken china
  • Kaisercraft "Rocks" image stamped using Distress Ink salty ocean
  • Kaisercraft "vintage fence" image stamped using Distress Ink faded jeans
  • Stampers Anonymous large "splat" stamped using Distress Ink in broken china
  • Stampers Anonymous bird image and TPC Studio sentiment stamped used Versafine onyx black ink

Oh yes, you're right, it's ANOTHER layered technique stamp but I just LOVE the effect. As usual, I carried the design across to the insert (but slightly lighter so the card can be written in! And I just used the bird and sentiment stamps on the envelope.
 
 
Have a great Sunday


14 comments:

Debs M said...

layering looks fab - great card x

clare said...

fab card Kathy.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Love this! Perfect for the challenges you're entering. xxx

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Kathy and such a great background for the main image
x catherine

Brenda Brown said...

Love this Kathy, a great background for the bird.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lesley Thomas said...

Hi, Kathy, I love the background, but I wouldn't feel comfortable about the bird - it reminds me of the Hitchcock film - a bit menacing for me. Sorry.

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. Love the background, Hugs
lilian

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Kathy, great background and image, my seventeen year old son just looked over my shoulder and said "Wow! That's cool", praise indeed!
Pauline
x

Deepti said...

I like the distressed look on ur card :) and thank you so much for visiting my blog :)and now I am glad I found ur blog. Since, I am fairly new to the blog land, I realized I missed your amazing talent for quite a while but now no more :D, I am ur new follower, love ur cards, look forward for more inspiration

crafty-stamper said...

I love this layered technique too and love the bird image brilliant this effect is definitely my next must try
Carol x

Claire said...

Fab card Cathy, that background looks amazing with that bird stamp. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

MaryH said...

Fabulous texture on this one, and gosh, would be a great Halloween one too. Gotta show this to the DH. Loved the blue tones - so eerie combined with the black bird. Good luck with your storms. Hope you have no wind damage. Was just reading over at a Scottish blog, they were having high winds, and had email from Burnham on Sea, and she had some cold wind coming down the path as well. Ya'll be safe. TFS.

Lesley Thomas said...

Having a busy week Kathy?

Shell said...

Gorjuss, I love this thanks for joining us at That Craft Place.
Shell xx