Sunday, 1 September 2013

Sunday and another challenge looms - challenge #14

Hello readers,

Morning and welcome to another Sunday morning challenge over on the Hobbycutz challenge blog. Hard to believe that this week is Challenge #14 and that it is also my last challenge as a member of their Design Team - I've done a six month stint and enjoyed it but now it's time to let someone else have a go. The challenge is also going weekly. I hope the new team members will enjoy their time as much as I have, thanks Kobie for the honour of serving on your Design Team this past six months. This week the challenge is to "USE SOMETHING RECYCLED" - we crafters are a canny lot so I bet you can all come up with loads of brilliant ideas too.

You don't have to include a Hobbycutz die on your project in order to enter but there are additional prizes available to those who do.

Here's my "recycled" project: ....
Materials used:
  • Manila tag
  • Dylusions inks: Bubblegum. Lemon zest, Purple grape
  • Water spritzed through a TCW harlequin stencil, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Hobbycutz Flourish (S0038, see it here)painted with liquid gold leaf (classic gold) and set aside to dry before attaching over the Angelina fibres offcut (yep, recycling ROCKS!!)
  • Dusty concorde distress stickles smooshed randomly on tag
  • Penny Black foliage stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Seam binding dyed using alcohol inks, pink satin ribbon (recycled again as it was a hanging loop removed from clothing) and black/white bakers twine attached behind my final recycled item, a flattened bottle cap

Some of the materials used


Recycling of the Angelina fibres

This weeks sponsors are: Crafts and Me and Hobbycutz
Challenge Blog
And I even managed to fit in a quick few ATC's - almost batch making these but using different colours - hope you like them too. I've almost run out of ATC's and am expecting a delivery of swaps over the next week or so - I pretty much guarantee you will be seeing more ATC's from me in the next few days!

Green and grey ATC

Pink and grey ATC
Pink and black ATC


Materials used:
  • 3 ATC blanks
  • Off cuts of Kraft, pink and black card for matting and layering on each ATC
  • 3 offcuts of white card
  • Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet and Shabby shutters used to stamp the Kaisercraft background images
  • Memento London Fog used to stamp the Kaisercraft alphabet image
  • Versafine onyx black used to stamp the "Live, Laugh, Love" and the Hobbycraft children silhouette images
  • The visible image edging stamp was inked with London fog for the grey and pink ATC, shabby shutters for the green and grey ATC and picked raspberry for the pink and black ATC


A new challenge for September over at Visible Image and it is "all about the sentiment" - you HAVE to use a Visible Image stamp to be eligible - luckily I have some, having acquired some at Newbury).

It's spots and dots over at the Pan Pastels challenge blog so I might be having a go at that later but I have things to do before I can settle to crafting ......Have a great Sunday everyone


7 comments:

clare said...

Great makes kathy. Love the vibrant colours on your tag. Have a good Sunday.

Lesley Thomas said...

Cor, you have been busy - love your recycled tag, and you've done a good few ATCs as well!

Debs M said...

Love the colours on the tag and that stamp is lovely - fabulous atc's too - think my fave is the pink and black one x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Super inking of your tag and ATCs here Kathy.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Planetsusie said...

Hi Kathy, I've just popped over from Sarn's (Stamping for Pleasure) blog and want to congratulate you on your win. I must say I lurve your projects above - so very creative.

I am also a fan of purple, ie purple bedroom, purple car, purple laptop and purple glasses (just to mention a few). Can't beat the colour.

Hugs to you (I am your newest follower)

Sue Pxxx

Chris said...

Kathy, your tag is beautiful! I love the amazing colours and clever stamping - you're certainly leaving us on a high! Been great working with you, see you around blogland!
Chris
x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh wow! These are all so beautiful, I love those vibrant colours on the card and the background on the ATC's are so gorgeous, apologies for being a rubbish blogger lately I hope you are well
Lindsay xx