Morning and welcome to another Sunday morning challenge over on the Hobbycutz challenge blog. Hard to believe that this week is Challenge #14 and that it is also my last challenge as a member of their Design Team - I've done a six month stint and enjoyed it but now it's time to let someone else have a go. The challenge is also going weekly. I hope the new team members will enjoy their time as much as I have, thanks Kobie for the honour of serving on your Design Team this past six months. This week the challenge is to "USE SOMETHING RECYCLED" - we crafters are a canny lot so I bet you can all come up with loads of brilliant ideas too.
You don't have to include a Hobbycutz die on your project in order to enter but there are additional prizes available to those who do.
Here's my "recycled" project: ....
- Manila tag
- Dylusions inks: Bubblegum. Lemon zest, Purple grape
- Water spritzed through a TCW harlequin stencil, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
- Hobbycutz Flourish (S0038, see it here)painted with liquid gold leaf (classic gold) and set aside to dry before attaching over the Angelina fibres offcut (yep, recycling ROCKS!!)
- Dusty concorde distress stickles smooshed randomly on tag
- Penny Black foliage stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Seam binding dyed using alcohol inks, pink satin ribbon (recycled again as it was a hanging loop removed from clothing) and black/white bakers twine attached behind my final recycled item, a flattened bottle cap
|Some of the materials used|
|Recycling of the Angelina fibres|
|Green and grey ATC|
|Pink and grey ATC|
|Pink and black ATC|
- 3 ATC blanks
- Off cuts of Kraft, pink and black card for matting and layering on each ATC
- 3 offcuts of white card
- Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet and Shabby shutters used to stamp the Kaisercraft background images
- Memento London Fog used to stamp the Kaisercraft alphabet image
- Versafine onyx black used to stamp the "Live, Laugh, Love" and the Hobbycraft children silhouette images
- The visible image edging stamp was inked with London fog for the grey and pink ATC, shabby shutters for the green and grey ATC and picked raspberry for the pink and black ATC
A new challenge for September over at Visible Image and it is "all about the sentiment" - you HAVE to use a Visible Image stamp to be eligible - luckily I have some, having acquired some at Newbury).
It's spots and dots over at the Pan Pastels challenge blog so I might be having a go at that later but I have things to do before I can settle to crafting ......Have a great Sunday everyone