Thursday, 26 September 2013

Thursday again ......

Morning,
 
Thursday already and the week is getting away from me already and it will soon be the weekend. Ah well, no matter, a couple of lovely evenings out with friends and a few domestic chores and .... THURSDAY!
 
I have managed just a little crafting this week and I'm getting grumpy about it too. FORTUNATELY, I had the excuse of wanting to enter Clare's challenge (see it here) and I also needed a Congratulations card for surrogate S-I-L on his new job - can you guess what it is?
 

 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Brown and Kraft card for matting and layering
  • White card for image panel
  • Stamps by Art Impressions and Imagine That stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Alcohol markers to apply just a little colour
 
 
Materials used:
  • Two pieces of water colour card (A5)
  • Oil pastel crayons (pink/purple/indigo)
  • Circular punch
  • White card die cut using two floral dies
  • Memento ink in grape jelly and rosebud
  • Crackle Accents (which take AGES to dry, don't they?)
  • Large sugared brad
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment and frame using the previously listed Memento inks
 
Happy Thursday

5 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Erm . . . has he got a cooking job perchance? LOL!

Love what you did with your watercolour paperbackground.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

clare said...

love your page Kathy and a great card too. thanks for joining in. x

Debs M said...

great card and I'm loving that page - fab colours and the flower is lovely x

scrappyjacky said...

The card looks spot on!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well, I've just caught up with you (loved those Christmas tags and your walkie photos!) and I'd say you did a great job of the crafting you did get to do, Kathy! This chef's card is adorable!! I hope the weekend finds you crafting up a storm ~ I don't want you feeling grumpy!! Hugs, Darnell