Saturday, 5 October 2013

Hi there, how's your weekend?

Welcome readers,

Yesterday saw us on a day of domesticity with weedkilling and laundry and getting chairs repaired, along with  disembowelling a couch in order to retrieve the TV remote - we have NO IDEA how it ended up there but ...... you know, these things happen! The chairs went to Palm Casual so we went to IKEA - not that we bought much but - as a bonus, it was the Texas Roadhouse for dinner - Fab-u-lous!!!
 
Saturday again, my usual challenge day but I'm all behind right now so will have to get to that later.
 
I had a conversation with pal, Sally, recently and discovered (to my horror) she's been poorly and even had to have surgery. Needless to say, one of my priority cards simply had to be for Sally, hope she'll like it and will indeed, make a great recovery.
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 14½cm square, white 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 2 x 13½cm square black card panels
  • 2 x 13cm square white card panels
  • Post its to mask
  • Distress Inks: scattered straw, antique linen, dusty concord applied using a Tim Holtz blending tool and a foam pad
  • Inkadinkado wheat ear image and Hero Arts sentiment, both stamped on the card front panel, insert panel and envelope
 
As usual, I've carried the design across through the insert and envelope ...... and here's the matching envelope.
 
 
 
Stepped out this morning, to greet the wildlife .... I'm only sorry I wasn't quick enough to get a snap of the otter we saw a couple of evenings ago.
 
Morning - looking a little bug eyed, bad night?

A very shy gecko!
 
Wynneth and Tom are off to ride the Orange Blossom Cannonball steam train and I hope they will enjoy that and will take lots of pix. not sure what we'll be up to but you can be sure we'll find something.

Happy Saturday ..... I MAY be back with some challenge entries, given that it's Saturday!


3 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card, Kathy - especially the idea for masking that shape. Why can't I think of things like that? Cute wildlife too.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Beautiful card. Love this inky technique.

Great minds think alike . . . I used that very same stamp this morning . . . on my NEW AJ cover.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Monica said...

Both so pretty. I must visit more often to admire your creations, Kathy.