Yesterday saw our friends heading home after a couple of weeks stay close to us, we thoroughly enjoyed time with them and some fantastic meals/day trips/shopping etc. Safe journey home Wynneth and Tom and a very Happy Birthday to their son, who's birthday is today.
For our last meal out - on Thursday -we opted for Manny's, despite deciding (as we headed out the door) that we were going to the outback steakhouse!!! Funny how these things work out. Now Roger is a firm advocate of the ribs at Manny's (though I USUALLY get the steak) so I decided to try the half rack of ribs, at $14.99 they were not expensive. When they arrived, it was a plateful and, to be honest, I rested my knife on the top and it simply slid through the meat - now THAT's what I call succulent ..... and tasty too, with the added bonus of being on an earlybird special at just $11.49 - OMG! Great value. Our server, Josie, was a great enhancer of our experience too and offered to take some photos for us and to pose too. Here are some photos I'd like to share with you all .....
|Party of four, ready for dinner|
|Fab cloud formation, about 10:00pm|
|Bye Bye Wynneth and Tom|
Of course, on our way home W&T's car "accidentally" turned in to the parking lot of Michaels - for Wynneth to have one last look ...... churlish not to use my 40% discount coupon that had been burning a hole in my purse!
And now, for some crafting. I recently got the great news that a pal had passed her exam so I made her a card and mailed it but had to wait till I knew she'd received it before I could share it with you all, she has, so here it is .....
|My congratulations card|
|Showing the insert and envelope too|
- White C5 card and matching sized envelope
- Black card for matting (x2 - including insert)
- White card for image panel (x2 .... as above)
- Kaisercraft woodgrain image stamped using Brilliance orchid ink
- Kaisercraft numerals image stamped using Brilliance purple ink
- Inkadinkado coffee stain image stamped numerous times using Memento grape jelly ink
- Tim Holtz circles image and TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
And over at the Simply Less Is More blog their new challenge is .... TREES.
- 14.5cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- 13.5cm square of bronze textured card from a DCWV metallic stack
- 13cm square white panel for image
- Main Hero Arts image stamped twice, once on to scrap card (for mask) using Memento tuxedo black
- Smaller Hero Arts image also stamped twice, using Memento tuxedo black
- Alcohol markers to lightly colour
- Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Stardust and Platinum stickles used to highlight
Have a great day - hope you liked today's makes and photos ..... sorry my card photo shows what a lovely sunny day it is here but hey!