Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Welcome to Tuesday

Morning,

Welcoming a new follower, Sandy, thanks for joining me and hoping you will find the time (and inclinations) to pop back from time to time.

Exciting news, I got an honourable mention over at CASology for their challenge number 64, thanks to Melissa, for choosing mine. I have proudly added my honourable mention button to my side bar
 
Yesterday saw Wynneth and I heading to Lakeland - primarily to visit Violettes but we also fitted in a trip to HobbyLobby (we had 40% discount coupons burning holes in our purses!). The weather looked decidedly dodgy as we headed out. I was driving our car and the boys went off in in Wynneth and hubby's car. We got about half way when it started to rain ..... at first it was just sprinkles but it gradually got harder and harder! Almost storm like conditions for ten to fifteen minutes. Fortunately, whilst we were shopping, it not only stopped but brightened up too! YAY! We both had a fabulous shop though I suspect I may have slightly overdone it ... AGAIN!
 
 
My haul at Violettes
 
After Violettes we did indeed hit HobbyLobby but I just bought one set of Little Yellow Bicycle stamps - banner shapes (I suspect that, with my above purchase of banner images too, I must be entering a banner phase!!! ..... we hit the I4 on the way home and the car "accidentally" turned off and in to the Posner Park shopping area, eventually coming to a stop outside of Michaels - OOPS! Rude not to go in though! I just bought some matting and layering card in black, white and kraft!
 
Home to craft with our new purchases but I messed up both my first and second attempt! Wynneth, however, made a gorgeous vintage card with new stash (deep envy occurred at this point, that I hadn't acquired this stamp too!). Once the boys returned home we turned right round and headed out to dinner, wanting to avail ourselves of the early bird specials at Logan's, where two could dine for $14! As we turned on to the I4 the rain was waiting for us again and the journey took longer than usual but we made it, with minutes to spare, to Logans and had a lovely meal too.
 
Then it was back to Wynneth and Tom's to watch the sunset and the gator - though not in that order as the gator was almost "waiting" for an audience and slunk around the lake for much of the time we were there!
 
This little gecko was staring at us from his drainage pipe!!! Cute isn't he?

This was the view from Wynneth and hubby's place, AFTER the rain but BEFORE the sunset - nice eh?

But it became SPECTACULAR as the sun set, don't you agree?
 
Anyway, not one to be defeated, I had a THIRD attempt using this fab Penny Black image and ...
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White C5 card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cut of pink metallic (linen effect) card from a DCWV stack
  • Black card for matting
  • Penny Black image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Distress Ink in antique linen used to "watercolour" the wine glasses!
  • It doesn't show in the photo but I used tiny crystal gems to highlight the jewellery
  • Little Yellow Bicycle chevron image stamped on to white card using Brilliance orchid ink and cut out
 
Hope you like it and ....... have a fab Tuesday

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

You captured that sunset beautifully, a gorgeous photo. Looks like you are having fun with your new stash. Enjoy.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Congrats on your honourable mention Kathy. Glad to hear you and Wynneth had a smashing time at Violettes and impressed with your haul of goodies too. Beautiful view from Wynneth's place...sigh...

catherine said...

Fabulous stash you have Kathy. Glad you and Wynneth seem to be having a great time. great card
x catherine

Debs M said...

great card - shame about the first 2 attempts - glad you are both having a fab crafty time x

scrappyjacky said...

That is a great stamp....lovely card....and gorgeous sunset.