Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Happ Birthday to Dorothy

Hi there folks,

It's HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY to my pal, Dorothy today - hope she has a good day and lots of cards and visitors, sorry I won't be one of them.
 
Well our lovely neighbours granddaughter committed a RAK (that's Random Act of Kindness to those not familiar with the term) recently and made us a batch up cupcakes - chocolate glazed too, and VERY tasty. Rude not to make her a thank you card I thought, so .....
 

And a close up which I hope will show the twinkle1
 
Materials used:
  • White C5 card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card, purple pearlised card and white card (coloured with co-ordinating markers) for matting
  • Martha Stewart floral border punch
  • EK Success fancy scallop punch
  • Imagine That sentiment and unknown cupcake image (it's unmounted and I've had it a while) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles
  • Xyron sticker maker and clear gel dimensional dots
Now, don't get me wrong, I LIKE this card but I don't LOVE IT ..... can't quite put my finger on what it is that I don't like either. I've said it before (and it's TRUE, I swear it) we're our own worst critics!!! It could simply be that I'm so used to  making more CAS cards that it looks a tad busy but ...... anyhoo, as long as the twelve year old recipient likes it then that's enough for me.

Monday saw us heading out to dinner, I'm going to share the photo and will see how many of my regular readers will recognise the location ....


Where in the World?
 
 
And now for my What's On Your Work Desk shot this week ... it's looking particularly messy but fairly creative - ENJOY



Happy Wednesday, hope your desks are very creative too!

6 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Mmm, quite the jazzy card! Maybe it's the offset sentiment you're not so pleased with? I dunno! It is nice though and I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Nice creative desk you have there too Kathy!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Mmmmm.. cupcakes sound yummy ! It's a fabby card, but the colours are very bright and not what you've been using much in recent times. Maybe that's why you don't love it ! I think it's great, bright and zingy.

Happy Birthday Dorothy !

Oh how I wish Manny's steaks and shrimp slurp...... could just eat one now ! Hopefully the food and service was up to their regular standard.

Forgot it was WOYWDW, must head off and take a pic of mine. My how tidy the table of craftiness looks today - got anything to do with the fact that me and my stash are no longer there huh ?

love
wynneth
x

scrappyjacky said...

I'm sure she'll love the card....perfect for a 12 year old.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Mmmmmm. Recognised Manny's straight away but then I HAVE been there so that's probably cheating a bit....slurp....

Fab card and inviting looking work desk. Alas, I've been embarrassing my dog at a training session. She knows what she's doing but I really need a few more lessons...

Lx

Lx

Debs M said...

great card - love the colours! x

Lesley Thomas said...

I like it! It's a bit more colourful than your usual card, and doesn't look too busy to me either.