Wednesday, 23 October 2013

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi there peeps,
 
How's your week shaping up? I hear tell that the weather is PANTS, and hope it improves sometime soon for everyone. It's due to cool down dramatically here too - if it's of any consolation.
 
I lost a follower to my blog, these things happen. I've done it myself  ..... I appreciate that crafters change their preferences and styles over time but, to whoever you are, sorry to lose you and thanks for following in the first place. To my remaining followers, thanks for sticking with me, I do appreciate it.
 
I have some projects to share with you this morning. My pal, Sally, asked if I could make her some get well cards so ....
 
The card itself
 
The insert and envelops
 
Materials used:
  • 5" square white card and matching envelope
  • White card for matting and layering and for the image panel
  • On the larger white panels I used Memento lulu lavender ink before stamping the Kaisercraft vintage fence and studiog purple ink to provide a border
  • On the image panel I stamped the Kasiercraft distress image using Brilliance purple ink and the Kaisercraft alphabet image using Brilliance orchid ink. I then stamped the Imagine That sentiment and Stampendous image using Versafine onyx black ink
 
As you can plainly see, I carried the design across both the insert and envelope too
 
 
The card, see the string? That'll be where there was a hole in the card  .. what did I do to get round it?
See below
 
There was a hanging hole through the pad, inconvenient? Yes, but I got round it ..
 
Materials used:
  • Kraft C5 card and matching envelope
  • Harlequin card from a pad by Canvas Corp
  • Off cut of DCWV Rockstar stack
  • Black and Kraft card for matting and layering
  • EK Success corner punch to create tag
  • Crop-a-dile and black eyelet, again, for the tag
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to Kraft card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Black/white and tan/white bakers twine
 
I only have very limited art supplies here but ... I'm no quitter and I decided to have another go at art journaling with frugal stash .... so, having had a good rummage I started by laying down a mix of my gold and pearl acrylic paints, applied with paper towel ..... it came out a shimmery beige! So far so good.

 
 
 
Materials used:
  • Strathmore mixed media journal
  • Gold and pearl acrylic paint applied using paper towel and set aside to dry

And now for my Work Desk this week - heaven knows, it's a mess, but here it is .......



Have a great Wednesday

11 comments:

Sue - said...

Clever way of losing the hole! The shimmery page looks good - waiting to see what it looks like later on.

Lilian said...

Kathy. I am sure that when the get well card is received it will make them feel better as always a lovely card. other projects great as well.
Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Great cards Kathy - and will look forward to your journalling. I've just ordered some Mica powders (12 extra large pots of 10ml), and that's what I want on my desk today. Sadly, I think I'll have to wait a bit longer. The seller wouldn't send to Ireland, so it's going to an address in the North where a friend will collect it for me. I do wish more sellers would consider posting here.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Your Purpleness. Pleased to report the weather in the UK is slightly less pants than it was yesterday :oD

Lovely projects there and your work desk looks sooooo inviting with all its lovely goodies piled high upon it.

I'm heading out the door to walk the dogs while it's dry and the sun is shining.

Have a great day

Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

OOh love the get well card and your idea for the hole in the other card is pure genius! Love it.

Mmm, the journal page is coming along nicely too!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

Great projects - the get well card is really pretty... I also lost 3 followers then got 2 new ones!!!! Think I lost 3 cos I haven't been commenting a lot as time just catches up with me at the mo...

Debs M said...

great makes, loving that gold page x

catherine said...

Great cards Kathy. Glad your having another try with the journaling page. look forward to seeing it develop.

x catherine

Lizy Bartaby said...

Hiya Kathy! Thanks for your comment on my annoying Linkedin blogposts! I have been trying to deal with it for a couple of weeks now, but I think I finally have it...I've changed the email posting address and they now won't post automatically if they do get through. I really have no idea how ot is happening! I have also contacted the lady who's posts they are...she isn't doing it deliberately, I know that! So hopefully, that will be the end of it now!
Lizy xx

scrappyjacky said...

That first card is just lovely.....perfect for the 'occasion'.

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love your get well card, Kathy, and the envelope! And clever you, figuring a way around the hole in that amazing paper! Finally, lookin' good on your shimmery journal page!

I'm so glad you stopped by today which prompted me to return the flavor. I have missed you since I went to see my sister and have been bad about catching up; I'm sorry. I spent some time just now getting up-to-date and oh, my, I've missed a lot!! That was a lot of fun, just like you are!! Hugs, Darnell