Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Chilly Tuesday greetings readers

Hi folks,

The sun is shining this morning ..... but it's only 1°c! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - hope it's warmer where you are this morning.
 
Ever have one of those days? Monday was one of those days ....... I had arranged coffee with a pal, when I got there - she was out!!!, due to a mix up with her calendar. I then decided to do something useful with my time and start to write my Christmas cards! Now, ...... I've been making Christmas cards all year and had accumulated quite a little pile - however, not quite enough! I'm nearly two dozen short! HOW (on earth) DID THAT HAPPEN?

Then I was going to dog training with another pal but her S-i-L expressed a wish to tag along. There are usually only about five of us  so three people with only one dog seemed a bit like overkill!! I said I would pass this evening and accompany her on another evening instead.
 
So, what did I do instead of going to dog training? Why, ... batch make some Christmas cards, of course! It's the only way I'm going to end up with enough cards in the time left to me before they need to go out! Here's the first half dozen ..... thank heavens I bought that  parcel JOFY image at the weekend!
 
My batch of cards .... six down, eighteen to go!


Close up of one of the batch


And the envelopes
 
Materials used:
  • 6 x White, 300 gsm, C6 scallop edged cards and matching sized envelopes
  • JOFY mini stamped on to white card (6 times and also on to the envelope and card inside) using Memento tuxedo black ink before cutting out and colouring using alcohol markers
  • 6 x panels of  both red and black card, for matting and layering
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped on each card blank (inside and out) and envelope, using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Platinum and stardust stickles to highlight image panel
 
Hope you like my batch of cards - now, what to make for the next half dozen ...... first step, find a suitable image - Laterz!!!
 
 
Have a great day.

8 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Sorry about the shortfall in cards, but you've made a great start on making that up - the little parcel stamp is super - I think I have one from a free set that came with a magazine, so I might be able to make something similar!

Debs M said...

love that stamp - great cards x

My name is Wynneth said...

And what a splendid job you made of your batch with that fablious JOFY stamp - I plan to make a small batch with the images you kindly allowed me to stamp on sunday. Good luck with getting the rest of your cards made in time.

luv
wynneth
x

Junibears said...

Batch Christmas cards making sounds such a good idea. I haven't even started yet! Love what you've done!

scrappyjacky said...

That's a great stamp....and great cards...I'm into batch making as well this year.

Lilian said...

Well done on all the cards Kathy. Great cards I have to sort our mine just incase the same thimg happens to be. I know I have five to make for granddaughters, Hugs
lilian

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely batch of cards there Kathy. Keep up the good work!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Katie Berberich said...

That's one lucky pooch, talk about popular!
Your batch of Xmas cards are fab Kathy, so wish I was as organized as you. I made zilch throughout the year and now I'm starting to PANIC!
Shame your plans didn't work out, but you sure made the most of it.
Katie x
P.S My very first Birthday card arrived in the mail! Thank you so much :)