Friday, 29 November 2013

Good morning and welcome to the Friday Funny post

Hi folks,
 
Another weekend looms large on the horizon and it's the last in November too, Can't believe it will be December on SUNDAY ..... how many sleeps till Christmas?
 
This week, we managed to get the decorations down from the loft with the intention of putting up the outside lights on a fine mild day ...... which was fine, until Tuesday and my aunt and uncle's phone call setting up a visit for Wednesday - we decided that all the decorations boxes just made the place look untidy - there was nothing for it but to tidy up ...... by putting the tree up so it also looked nice and festive for their visit too!
 

 
 
Unfortunately, I got in to a bit of a speed wobble and decided to put up a tree in the dining room too! The outside lights went up yesterday - although they are not actually plugged in .............. YET! I think the grand switch on will probably be on Sunday!!! And, as if that wasn't bad enough, my hubby has the CUTEST tree (a gift, MANY years ago from friends Mat and Di - thanks guys) in his office - all it needed this year was a new set of lights and ....

 
 
And guess what? On a crafting front - here's yet ANOTHER Christmas card?!?!?! I'll be entering this for the new challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches - this week's challenge is a sketch (which is below my card)
 

 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • DCWV "winter stack" papers
  • Black card (for matting)
  • White card (for image panel)
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped directly on to card blank using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado snowman image stamped on to image panel card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight snow and snowflakes
  • EK Success edging punch on the plaid DCWV panel
  • Martha Stewart punch on the tan polka dot DCWV panel
 
And here is their sketch ...

Cool sketch - huh?


Yesterday I met up with Lilian, a crafting buddy, we only met for coffee but it's always nice to catch up with friends. It was the tenth wedding anniversary this week for her and her husband, the Lovely Ron - Happy Anniversary to you both.

And now for this week's Friday Funny which comes to you courtesy of, Marsha so you can all blame her!!! ENJOY!!!!


 

The Talking Centipede


A guy decided life would be more fun
 
if he had a pet.



So he went to the pet store
 
and told the owner
 
that he wanted to buy an unusual pet.



After some discussion,
 
he finally bought a talking centipede,
 
(100-legged bug),
 
which came in a little white box
 
to use for his house.



He took the box back home,
 
found a good spot for the box,
 
and decided he would start off
 
by taking his new pet
 
to church with him.
 

So he asked the centipede in the box,
"Would you like to go
 
to church with me today?
 
We will have a good time."




But there was no answer
 
from his new pet.



This bothered him a bit,
 
but he waited a few minutes
 
and then asked again,
"How about going
 
to church with me
 
and receive blessings?"



But again,
 
there was no answer
 
from his new friend and pet.
 
So he waited
 
a few minutes more,
 
thinking about the situation.



The guy decided
 
to invite the centipede
 
one last time.
 


This time



 he
put his face up against
 
the centipede's house and shouted,
 


"Hey, in there! 
Would you like to go
 
to
church with me?
 



This time, 
a little voice 
came out of the box,

"I heard you the first time!

I ' m putting my shoes on!"

 
Have a fab Friday and a great weekend

14 comments:

Di said...

Aaaaargh, I just got up and ran away screaming Kathy! HOW organised is that then?! Looks lovely though.

Love your card too and at least the centipede didn't have a wooden leg '99-clop, 99-clop'.

Hugs, Di xx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hilarious FF!

Love your snowman card - great take on the sketch.

And WOW . . . you've gone all Christmas lights on me! FAB! I think maybe I'll put mine up on 8th Dec.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Loving your decs and that snowman stamp is fab x

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like you're in full christmas mode now!!!

clare said...

All looking very festive. Great card too.

Lesley Thomas said...

Very envious you have your decorations already done. Love the fat snowman too.

Hettie said...

Good Grief Kath! I LOVE Christmas but it is way too early for me to put the tree up! Having a wood fire doesn't help as I don't like them to get dusty!
Lovely card.
Hope the centipede has finished putting his shoes on!
Hugs
xx

Jacqueline said...

Fab card - love the layers and that beautiful snowman image. Thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

Brenda Brown said...

Yay Christmas trees are going up getting ours today, can't wait to get them decorated. Another fab card for your box and I enjoyed the FF, TFS.
hugs {brenda} x0x

My name is Wynneth said...

What a great FF - made me laugh out loud !

Your trees are looking magnificent. I'm putting up resistance, will not allow you to panic me as I am so much further behind than you in my preparations ! I'm sure it will all get done in time, but at the moment it's a daunting task. Not helped by the fact that the majority of my gift wrapping and card writing have a 15 December deadline, which is when I shall be delivering most of them - Ooooo noooooo !

luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh, forgot to say how fabby your cards are - that's a great sketch.

luv
wynneth
x

Karen Haman said...

Cute card! Love the scalloped edges! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Patricia H. said...

What a terrific snowman image - I love the snowy flourishes in it! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches!

Lizy Bartaby said...

Gorgeous card Kathy! Your trees are stunning too! :)
Thanks for joining us at CAS - Colours and Sketches this week! :)
Lizy xx