Sunday, 10 November 2013

Happy Sunday

Wotcher peeps,
 
Bit of a late post from me .... not sure whether it's the weather or what! but my mojo was plainly having a lie-in this morning .... I SOOOOO wanted to craft but simply couldn't settle. In the end I just jumped in the car and went out for a drive - to blow away the cobwebs! Astonishingly enough, the sun is shining which you will realise because of the bright whiteness of the photo below - recently, most of my pix have had the yellow tinge of not enough natural light - HUZZAH! MUST put an OTT natural light lamp on my Christmas list, I'm SURE it will help!
 
Once back it was lunch time and then .... I nipped round to my craft desk and hit on an idea for a challenge .......
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square, white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Burgundy plain (card) and polka dot (paper) for matting and layering
  • White card for the image panel
  • Penny Black "inclinations" image stamped off the corner using Brilliance rocket red gold
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to white card using Memento London fog ink and cut close before matting on to an off cut of the burgundy card
 
I'll be entering this for the "Anniversary" challenge over at Addicted to CAS - it's their first challenge anniversary you know! I hope they will think it's got enough white space.
 
 
Now, some of my regulars will know that I swap ATC materials with a trading card buddy based on the Isle of Skye ....... yesterday saw the arrival of my latest batch of ATC materials - got any ideas?
 
A length of multi coloured twine, a stamped bauble and a green metal wreath shape
 
 
Pan Pastels have a new altered media challenge which I would love to think I'd have time to enter but the way my mojo's going .... I'm just not sure!

Have a great Sunday

13 comments:

clare said...

ace card. good luck with your ATC, hope inspiration hits!

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, I like how you framed your image and your soft stamping with the lovely flower stamp looks great. I was lucky enough to receive a daylight craft lamp, they are sooo good! Thanks for stopping by my blog. xx

scrappyjacky said...

That ATC has definately got to be something christmasy.

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely Anniversary card Kathy, good to hear that Mr Mojo paid a flying visit !!

Hmmmm... got your work cut out with your ATC swap materials this time I think. We can maybe bounce a few ideas around when we get together on Friday if inspiration hasn't struck before then ?

luv
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

love the card! good luck with the atc x

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely anniversary card Kathy and good luck with the ATC elements.
Have a great week.
hugs {brenda} x0x

massofhair said...

Beautiful card, hope your mojo brings you some wonderful ideas as to what to do with your ATC items:-)

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty card, but I don't envy you the ATC challenge, will be interested to see what you do with those items.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Pretty card. You usually come up with something fab for your ATC swap.

xxx

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and love the monochromatic red. How about a hanging ATC decoration!!
x catherine

Bonnie said...

What pretty flowers, Kathy! So glad you shared them at ATCAS!

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Kathy. Pretty flowers and I like the way you've layered the frames. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll

Karen B said...

Pretty card Kathy. Really soft stamping...... Thanks so much for joining our anniversary challenge at A2CAS.

Karen x