Saturday, 30 November 2013

Saturday chatter day and CHALLENGE day!!!

Morning,

Welcome to the last day of November - who's SUDDENLY realised that Christmas is in just 26 days and discovered they don't have enough cards/gift wrap/tags/all of them???? All I can say is OOPS! but lucky you discovered it now, whilst you still have time to do something .... guess you won't be reading the rest of my blog post because you will be too busy making cards/writing cards/making tags or - heading to the shops!!! GOOD LUCK!
 
Hands up who doesn't have loads of snippets? Why does ANYONE have their hands up - own up, we ALL have a little box of snippets or, in my case, quite a big box of snippets. Off cuts that seem too nice or too useful to throw away (sorry, recycle!) - well here's mine. Actually, if I'm honest, this is NOT the box of snippets ..... it's the manageable box of snippets that fits on to my desk - you should just SEE the real box of snippets!
 
My snippet box and, yes, it's no coincidence that there are Christmas papers to the fore!!
 
Well, Di over at Pixies Crafty Workshop sets a regular challenge, there isn't usually a theme you just HAVE to use snippets so, here's what I made for her current challenge .... which, INCIDENTALLY, is her 100th challenge - Yay! Di!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • C6 Kraft card blank and matching sized Kraft envelope
  • Snippets of patterned and plain cards from DCWV and magazine freebies
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Santa image stamped on to an off cut of white card using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped directly on to the Kraft card blank using Versafine onyx black ink
 
I'm pleased to be able to say that no new sheets of card or paper were harmed in the making of this card!!! The eagle eyed amongst you may have spotted that I have used the sketch from a challenge I entered yesterday and all credit for this fab sketch belongs to CAS colours and sketches - it's a lovely sketch. As is my usual habit these days, the image and sentiment were used on the insert and on the front and back of the envelope too - lots more crafting for me!!

I've made one card which fits two challenges ..... 52CCT have a new challenge - to pick from a previous challenge and my card fits their previous challenge #4 - SNOWFLAKES (if you look, the snowman is covered with little snowflakes - I'll be entering just as soon as the MrLinky link appears!. And this week's CAS challenge over at Simply Less Is More is SPARKLE so .....



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado snowman image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black
  • My image panel was then die cut in to a plain circle before matting on to a navy scallop edged circle
  • Mini gemstones and Stardust stickles applied to give "sparkle"
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped directly on to the base card using Memento Paris Dusk

Can't see the sparkle or the snowflakes? Hopefully, this close up will solve that problem!!


 

I CANNOT believe that I was so far behind with Christmas cards at the beginning of November - do you know that, since November 1st, I have made THIRTY FIVE Christmas cards!! If that doesn't now put me ahead of the game then I'm the Easter Bunny!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Saturday, today is normally a challenge day for me so I MAY be back with a second post and further challenge entries - for a list of those challenges I normally like to enter (and links), check out the side bar on this blog.

22 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Great idea, love the stamp too. Haven't seen you on Bubble much, are you OK?

Debs M said...

love this card - great use of snippets! love that santa stamp x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Wahoo . .. way to go Kathy. Absolutely TERRIFIC card using up your snippets.

Wanna hop on the other end of the Playground see-saw with me? Or shall we skip over to the bike shed for the mince pies and a tot of something to warm us up?

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Beverley said...

A FABulous & festive duo with just the right amount of sparkle! Hugs Bev x

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

Sooo beautiful cards, Kathy,

Have a nice weekend

Chrissie said...

What a fabulous twinkly snowmn Kathy!
This is a tremendous card!
I love that image!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards xx Jan

Gerrina said...

I love this stamp and the subtile glitter is so stunning! Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

Di said...

Hi Kathy - thank you so much for coming back to play this week! LOVE your clever snippets card, aren't traditional Santas the very best - esp. with Kraft card.

Big hugs, Di xx

Margaret said...

Great cards Kathy, I love the snowman.
Margaret x

scrappymo! said...

Two wonderful snippets cards. Love the Santa on the kraft and that snowman is a sweetie with those snowflakes around him!

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy, I love the snowman.
Hugs
lilian

Eve said...

Hi Kathy,
WOW! 2 fabulous cards but if I had to pick a favourite Santa would just edge it! x

Fiona said...

Love your LIM snowman and the way you created a snowy foreground with Stickles. I'm making cards like a demon too but finding it a bit of a chore this year.

Craft-E-Place said...

Beautiful cards, I love the snowman
Elaine

My name is Wynneth said...

I love your 'snippets' card Kathy - how come I've missed this fabby S&S santa stamp then ? You holding out on me ? I love it and all the bright and happy festive papers. All looks fabby on the kraft base card. You're right it is a splendid sketch.

Great LIM entry too, I do so love that cute snowie, I haven't got mine inky yet this year, must remedy that at once ! Although, I think I do have almost enough cards made - never too early to start on next year's though !

Your snippet box is very tidy - you should see (or maybe not) mine, I'm a terrible hoarder where pretty paper and card are concerned ! A long while ago I decided to punch out flowers and other shapes from the best bits in my snippet box, now got a box of punched flowers which I always forget to use - doh !

luv
wynneth
x

Mynnette said...

Kathy, these are great! LOVE the fabulous images you used and the wonderful Believe sentiment, too!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

PS: We've got a blog hop/DT call going on at House of Cards--I'd LOVE for you to join us! :)

Deborah Frings said...

I love your sweet little snowman with all that gorgeous sparkle! I think your little Santa card is fab too - so good that you managed to use some scraps. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Jen said...

Fab Card.. Love all the sparkle!

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Gillian R said...

Gorgeous snowman and I love the sparkle you added.
Gillian LIM GD

Patricia H. said...

The CAS snowman card is darling! Thanks for sharing it with us at 52{C}CT! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous Kathy. Perfect for our Pick a Previous Snowflake challenge. thanks for joining us at 52CCT.