Saturday, 23 November 2013

Saturday ...... what's the weather like with you lot?

Morning all,
 
Is it me or has it been really chilly this past few days? Got snow? We don't but we DO have a thick white frost and I know quite a few places have had some snow this week - take care if you are one of those with the white stuff!
 
Blimey, what a busy little bee I've been this past few days, with batch making Christmas cards - like a person possessed. I do believe, however, that I've FINALLY got enough with this last batch of four cards ... check them out.
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 4 x 12½cm square, white, 300 gsm scallop edged cards and matching sized envelopes
  • Distress Ink (tumbled glass) swiped down both the card front and the inside
  • Penny Black wreath image stamped over the distressed panel (and also on to the front and rear of the envelopes) using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on two cards using Versafine onyx black ink and on the other two I used Memento Paris dusk
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the ribbon and stars on the wreath - it's actually quite twinkly IRL!
 
And the whole batch on display
 
 
 
 
And then I decided to get out the latest obsession stamps from Kaisercraft and make another one - whaddya think? Suitable for another batch? Or not?


And a close up - to show the sparkle a bit better, hopefully!!

Materials used:
  • 15cm square, white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Inks .... bundled sage and weathered wood "swiped" across the front of the card (and carried across to the inside too.
  • Kaisercraft "rocks" image stamped using Distress Ink in iced spruce
  • Kaisercraft "sketchy" image stamped using Brilliance Thyme ink
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle large pine bough and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Adirondack ink - bottle
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the image

On reflection I would perhaps have preferred it had I opted to reverse the Distress Ink colours and have the weathered wood directly beneath the bottle green image - better?

And my last Christmas card for today ....... using a sketch originally presented by Chrissie and Mandi over at Simply Less Is More some time ago - which I LOVED!!! (BTW check out their blog today for their new challenge, launched at 08:00 GMT - the theme is TO USE A BIRD) I am sooooooooo on a roll this past week, with my Christmas cards, I MUST have caught up now!! Haven't I?




Materials used:
  • Cream textured DL card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of deep green card, white card and SCWV winter stack card
  • Martha Stewart edging punch
  • Hero Arts "old French script" image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Stampology tree image stamped using Adirondack bottle green ink
  • Hero Arts Sentiment stamped directly on to base card using Adirondack bottle green ink
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the tree!

And a close up - which will, hopefully, show the glitter better!




Happy Saturday


6 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Bloomin' freezing here too, more layers of clothes gone on to cope lol. Love your cards, simple and very effective. Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

no snow here thankfully - great cards Kathy x

Lesley Thomas said...

Wow, you have used some lovely stamps to finish making your cards. I really like that wreath, I might have to go looking for that one.

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy, I love the tree and the sparkle. Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

My, you have been a busy bee ! What a fabulous lot of cards you've created. I love them all. Well done on getting enough cards made for this year. Knowing you, I expect you'll be carrying on and making them for Christmas 2014 now LOL

luv
wynneth
x

crafty-stamper said...

fantasti set od CAS card really love the first one
carol x