Saturday, 9 November 2013

Slightly soggy Saturday

Hi folks,

Welcoming new follower, Hettie ....... if you are unfamiliar with her work then check out her blog here, she also presents a great Friday Funny slot too! Thanks for the heads up to her blog, Lauren too

Hardly seems to have stopped raining since we got home ... and chilly too - how soon can I get back there?
 
And, over at Simply Less Is More, it's the turn of their One Layer Card challenge, with the theme of THANK YOU
 
LIM theme - THANK YOU photo DSC05655LIM9thNov_zps547a017c.jpg
 
Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card
  • Distress Ink in mustard seed, swiped down the card
  • Visible Image small feather stamped multiple times using Memento pear tart ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Memento bamboo leaf
  • Visible Image bird stamped using Versafine onyx black

Hope you like it .... being challenge day there are a couple more challenges that I would LIKE to get round to making projects for .... wanna know what they are? Check them out below
 
Over at Addicted to CAS their one word prompt is ANNIVERSARY .... why would that be? Why, because it's the FIRST ANNIVERSARY of their fab CAS challenge, of course! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY peeps!

And finally, the colour challenge over at 52 CCT (Christmas Card Throwdown) is:


So, I MAY be back later - depends how I get on! In the meantime ..... have a great weekend

12 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the thank you card. It's pretty soggy here as well.

Lesley Thomas said...

Hm, I think I like it, but I kept wanting to work out what the shape was, rather like the inkblot thingies! It's sunny here, so I hope you get some of it before the day ends.

Gerrina said...

Love the colours! Feathers are so beautiful; I think you ca´nnot have to many featherstamps! Habe a fiun weekend, Gerrina

Anne said...

Hi Kathy
Love that bird stamp, gorgeous colours you used

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Fab inky Thank You card.

Yes, what HAVE you done to the weather???? Hmmm? I need someone to blame!!!!!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

catherine said...

Glad your enjoying being back in the good old british weather Kathy(Lol)
Fabulous take on the challenge and great colours
x catherine

Fiona said...

Soooo fed up with the continual rain.
Love this card and the colours used. Fabbo stamps too.

Julia said...

Excellent card Kathy, I love the colours and the falling feathers.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great one-layer card, Kathy! I hope the rain stops soon so you can dry out a bit! It's good to catch up with you!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda Brown said...

Love the feather stamp, great card. We had a very late end to the summer but the more gloomy days are certainly upon us now. Enjoy your weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

My name is Wynneth said...

I'm loving this LIM TY card Kathy, I'm sooooo... glad that I also acquired this fabulous inkblot bird, it looks great on your card.

I'm sick of the rain too, hardly seems to have stopped since we left 'The Sunshine State' ourselves :o(

luv
wynneth
x

Chrissie said...

This is fun Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More