Sunday, 3 November 2013

Sunny Sunday .... or not?!?!

How is it with you peeps? Sunny again here but cooler than of late due to a cold front, feeling gorgeous out there - at least according to me but then, those who know me will know that I pretty much always feel warm (TO SWELTERING!!)

Yesterday we had some wicked weather blow through and I posted a short video on my blog to show you how hard it rained too!!! We chose to have a pyjama day in lieu of heading out - this left me free to craft a smidge, ALWAYS good!

Anyway, as a result, I now have a couple of cards to share with you, using the same image and two recent "FAVE" techniques - hope you like them both
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White C5 card and matching sized envelope
  • Panels of Kraft and white card (x 2 as I've continued the design across the insert and envelope too)
  • Swipes of Distress Ink in scattered straw and wild honey
  • Hero Arts "Exotic Bloom" and Imagine That sentiment both stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

And now the other card .....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White C5 card and matching sized envelope
  • White card panels (x 4 as I coloured the matting layer using alcohol markers and, as usual, continued the design across both the insert and envelope)
  • Kaisercraft distress image stamped using Color Box dark Paeony
  • Kaisercraft alphabet image stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Hero Arts "exotic bloom" image and Imagine That sentiment both stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

Definitely a more girly girl card, I think you will agree. And, thanks to Brenda, I will be entering this for the Country View challenge where this week's challenge is "LETTERS"

The challenge over at Pan Pastels is:
Wk44 3 Nov - Mixing with Mediums
 
ANYTHING GOES
 

This week we want to show you some of the amazingly great effects you can get when you mix Pan Pastels together with other Mediums...many people don't really understand what mediums really are and how they can be used in your crafting projects so hopefully we can show you some great ideas this week.
 
So, here's my entry, which I hope will qualify as I have used pan pastels and ink:
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Inkadinkado "Meadow" image stamped using Versamark ink and pan pastels
  • Stampers Anonymous image and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Versafine vintage sepia ink swiped around the edge of the ATC

And finally, an ATC which I made for the Craft Mad and Loving It group over on the new Craftbubble 2½ forum (registration required). This month's challenge, set by Clare, was "ANYTHING BUT A CARD" - an ATC therefore, seemed perfect and I hope you will agree! There's also an Anything but a card blog see it here, so I'll be entering my ATC there too!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Off cuts of card in Black, Kraft, chocolate, black/kraft stripe
  • Crop-a-dile and four aged brass eyelets
  • Hampton Arts image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Distress Ink, black soot, to distress the edges of the chocolate brown panels
 
On the subject of the craftbubble 2½ forum, it's a fun place for crafters following many different crafts so, if you are looking for somewhere to chat about your chosen craft or maybe even broaden your crafting horizon .. then why not pop along and register - no unsolicited e-mails and there's no spam on the site either.

Have a fab Sunday


9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Great cards and ATC Kathy, love the pink one which would fit perfectly at Country View Challenges for this month. Lots of blustery wind last night which made our fireworks blow all over the place. Haven't ventured out yet this morning lol.
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

2 lovely cards and that atc is fab - the eyelets are a perfect finishing touch - i never seem to use them anymore! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Two awesome cards kathy -I sooooo regret not getting that foliage stamp too ;0(. Should have heeded my win advice "if you don't get it, you'll regret it" LOL

Absolutely loving your ATC fabulous creation.

Good to hear you survived the storm we are not looking forward to the drive home today as there's torrential rain and strong winds forecast.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVELY, LOVELY and, er, LOVELY! 2 gorgeous cards and a great ATC.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

I think the weather should be stormy more often if you manage to produce such pretty cards when it's blowing outside.

Kathyk said...

Thanks for the tip Brenda, I've nipped across and entered their challenge and amended my post to reflect that too ... cheers!

Kathy

Lilian said...

great card and ATC's Kathy. Love the pan pastel and ink ATC. Hugs
lilian

clare said...

Looks like you turned the bad weather into a positive with some ace crafting projects. Enjoy your last day. X

Katie Berberich said...

So much crafty goodness, I love how you swiped the "scattered straw" ink -I must give that a try. I do love my DI's!
I need to get cracking on some Xmas cards, I've not made 1 all year! Gasp.
Katie x