Thursday, 21 November 2013

Thursday and yet more craftiness on the Christmas card front!

Morning peeps,
 
If you normally swing by this blog then you will know that I have been batch making Christmas cards in order to make up the shortfall in those already made versus those required!!! I've made two batches of six and thought I would try a couple more .... whilst I like the cards below I didn't want to make a batch of six of either of them - I DO love all of the images though, don't you?
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado sentiment and image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and Memento London fog (inside and envelope)
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the image and sentiment
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado sentiment and Penny Black image stamped using Versafine and Memento London fog (for the inside and envelope) inks
  • Adirondack red pepper ink applied with a water brush to colour the bauble
  • Red dimensional liquid pearls for the holly berries
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the image
 
And another .....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado sentiment and Penny Black pine bough image stamped using Versafine vintage sepia and Memento London fog inks (for the inside and envelope)
  • Platinum stickles to highlight the pine bough

And finally, for today ............... another batch make ....


 


Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged cards and matching sized envelopes
  • Iced Spruce distress ink, swiped downwards on to the front and inside of each card and left to dry
  • Tim Holtz (for Stampers Anonymous) blueprint tree image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado sentiment (used on two cards) and Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight mini baubles and the trees

As usual, these days, I carried the design across the inside of the card and on the front and rear of the envelope, hope you like this. I'll be entering this for Merry Monday challenge #84 over at Playing with Paper where the challenge is to use a tree and bling it up (thanks to Darnell for pointing out this challenge - it's a new one  to me)





I've now made 18 Christmas cards since Monday and am on track to have the right number come the end of November - WOO HOO!! Never thought I would make that many in just three days!

Not only that ...... but, yesterday, I hit the local mall for 10:00 and, by 11:00 had virtually finished my Christmas shopping!!! Yes, you read that right, VIRTUALLY FINISHED MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!! I have a few basics to get - i.e. some wine to go with the nice glasses, some biscuits/chocs but other than that, I'm done and I can start wrapping now ...... OMG! Tags, I forgot about tags! Mind you, many of my presents will be wrapped in some gorgeous green and gold wrap acquired on a recent foray to Costco and I DID (whilst in the U.S. recently) acquire some co-ordinating green glittery tags so all is not lost - YET!

And, lastly, a bit of news ...... Kate Crane has launched her next batch of DVD's and is offering a great giveaway on her blog - check it out here

 
Have a fab Thursday

15 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I am LOVING these Christmas cards Kathy. Congrats on getting 18 made so quickly AND for doing the majority of your Christmas shopping in record time!

I needed tags too . . . so I die cut a pile of circles, stamped them with snowflakes so it didn't matter where I punched a hole! Job done!

Have festive fun!

Thanks for the AJ link!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great cards, LOVE that snowman! x

Suzi B said...

Love these CAS Christmas cards...
Suzi B x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing Christmas batch cards there Kathy. I really must take a leaf out of your book and get those last few cards finished so thanks for the inspiration.

Been drooling over Stamping Grandma's lovely Christmas Cracker this morning too. So MUCH to do SO little time...sighhhhhh

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the snowman one.

Lesley Thomas said...

Wow Kathy, you are on a roll! Love the images, have you been on a Shopping spree, or are they all from your vast stash?

Kathyk said...

Lesley - None of the images used today are using new stash!!!

Kathy

Lilian said...

Some lovely cards there Kathy, Well done on 18.

I have got my finger out and made a start on mine, I have to say though I still need more,lol
Hugs
lilian

Beverley said...

Fabulous array of cards, I particularly like the first with that fun snowman! Hugs Bev x

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Kathy. All fabulous cards and congrats on getting so many done in just a few days - amazing! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous cards Kathy, lucky people who receive them. I must admit I am ahead with cards and getting there with pressies, so not too bad.
Hugs {brenda} x0x

Karren said...

Fabulous cards, Kathy. Love that blueprint tree image! (And I've got that snowman image in your first card - I really should actually use it LOL!). Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely one layer cards Kathy, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday

Bonnie said...

Great job on those Christmas card, Kathy! Love the tree and how you've taken the design to the inside of the card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

My name is Wynneth said...

More amazing cards Kathy, I do love that snowie image, it looks great on the LIM style card. The other cards are all fabby.

luv
wynneth
x