Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Welcome to another What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hard to believe we've been home a week already - not so hard to imagine when you look out the window though - thick frost greeted us this morning, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
 
Yesterday I was MIA all day as my pal, Liz, and I decided to go shopping - something we USED to do a lot of but just haven't had the chance lately. We headed for the outlet village in Swindon. Suffice it to say that we didn't find what either of us was looking for - with the exception of hubby's "request" at the Cadbury shop!! Me? I was looking for Christmas presents and Liz had trousers, a jacket and cardi on her list. You wouldn't THINK it would be sooooooooooooo difficult - and yet ... FORTUNATELY we were buoyed up by a quick pit stop at Snazzys on the way and the lovely Val made us a coffee (complete with biskwits) to set us up for the shopping. My pal is no crafter so was a bit baffled by the technical jargon (Big Shot, Cuttlebug, fussy cutting etc!) but enjoyed the experience. After our relatively fruitless journey (I say relatively as one of my purchases was FRUIT and nut chocolate!!!) we came back to ours and cracked open a bottle of white - which eased the disappointment .... but the second bottle eased it still further!!! She wasn't driving home, in case you are wondering! Wanna see what I bought? Well, I can't share it all as some is for Christmas but .... there ARE some metallic pan pastels in the collection - woo hoo!

 
 
And, some of you may recall recently that I was the lucky winner over at That Craft Place, for my music card. Can't remember my entry? See the post here. Sadly, the prize went astray and didn't arrive but the lovely Lisa popped another in the post to me and this arrived in Monday's post - check it out, fabulous for journaling or what!?!?!? THANK YOU so much, Lisa.
 
 
 
It being WOYWDW again (they soon roll round, don't they?) here is a sneak peek at my messy desk - I really MUST get round to finding a home for all the new stash and then get round there and get it all out again - to play!!!



As a result of my day out (amongst other things!) there has been no crafting at the purple palace so I have no projects to share with you all - maybe tomorrow!!! I HAVE, however, been industrious this morning and have a slow cooker just brim full of chilli for this evening - it's the Secret Santa draw with the surrogates!!!

Happy Wednesday


5 comments:

Debs M said...

great new stash - beginning to hate rm tho! enjoy your ss draw tonight! x

Lesley Thomas said...

Glad you had some new goodies, even if the shopping didn't work out. My desk is in a worse condition than yours. I cut out 48 drawers to make up boxes yesterday.

catherine said...

Love the new stash Kathy and even great the prize you won. Looks like your back at your desk again and looking forward to seeing your work with the new stash
x catherine

scrappyjacky said...

That looks like a great prize.

Brenda Brown said...

I never find anything I want when I go to Swindon, so have stopped going. Glad you got some goodies from Val though and your prize looks fabulous. Well done.
hugs {brenda} x0x