Friday, 22 November 2013

Welcome to the weekend - it starts here ..... with the Friday Funny!

Morning,

Well, yet another week has gotten away from me, where are they all going? Next thing I know it will be Christmas and I won't have finished my Christmas cards, luckily (after my recent trip to the mall I have all but finished my Christmas shopping!! How are you all doing with preparations for your own Christmas'?

I do have more Christmas cards to share with you .... in the shape of another batch of Christmas cards, must remember to crack on with some tags - can't really start wrapping without tags!




Materials used:
  • 4 x 12½cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged cards and matching sized envelopes
  • Distress Ink in salty ocean swiped across the card, top to bottom and set aside to dry
  • Inkadinkado sentiment and Tim Holtz (for Stampers Anonymous) mini blueprint snowman inked numerous times using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the snowflakes


I've carried the design across the inside of the card and to the front and rear of the envelope too - sometimes without re-inking.

And here's the batch ....

Each one essentially the same but with very slightly differences

And the co-ordinating envelope too
 
 
I've also managed to complete my latest ATC materials swap project. Readers, you undoubtedly recall that I swap materials with an ATC buddy on the Isle of Skye. OK, I admit it, when I received the last batch of materials I WAS STUMPED ...... and I've been avoiding the project, especially once I realised I was behind with my Christmas cards. However, now I've more or less caught up with those I thought that I couldn't put it off any longer and took a good long look at them again. What do you mean, you couldn't remember what they were? No? Here they are again ....


 

And here's what I turned them in to - perhaps not my finest ATC but I'm reasonably pleased with the way things turned out, given my panic attack when I saw my materials .... but that IS why we call it a CHALLENGE!!!!



Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Off cut of red card
  • Five small brads threaded through the holes in the "wreath"
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the embossed "holly" on the wreath and the flourish on my sentiment
  • Inkadinkado sentiment/flourish stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado holly border stamped using Distress Ink in iced spruce


And now for the Friday funny, courtesy of Jacky this week - thanks Jacky! ENJOY

TO  CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD, AND  DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

George  Phillips, an elderly man from Walled Lake, Michigan, was  going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in  the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George  opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were  people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who  asked "
Is someone in your house?"  He  said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing  from me.  Then  the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your  doors and an officer will be along when one is available"

George  said, "
Okay." He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the  police again.

"
Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago  because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't  have to worry about them now because I just shot and killed them both;  the dogs are eating them right now," and he hung up.  Within  five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter,  two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips'  residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the  Policemen said to George, "
I thought you said that you'd shot  them!" George  said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"  (True  Story)

I LOVE IT!


Don't  mess with old people!!!!

Hope you enjoyed that .....

CASual Friday are celebrating two eight lettered occasions with their new challenge .... these two being Thanksgiving and Hannukah. Their challenge is therefore to make a CAS card celebrating the number EIGHT!!! This challenge remains open for two weeks.

Have a great Friday and a fab weekend everyone

8 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous work hunny, love the batch cards, and that joke is too funny! Hugs xx

Debs M said...

Great card and well done on your atc swap! x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great post Kathy. LOVE the Friday Funny - simply hilarious. Age with Attitude . . . that is going to be my motto when I reach, er, say 50! Or maybe 60!

Personally I think your ATC is nothing short of miraculous! Great use of the supplies. I woulda been stumped!

Your snowflake cards and envelopes are just lovely too.

Have a super weekend.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

MORE fab cards there Kathy AND a great Friday Funny :oD Have a great weekend Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Love your snowflake card, really festive and effective with the swiping technique and your ATC turned out perfectly too. Great FF from Jacky, love the thinking behind it.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs {brenda} x0x

scrappyjacky said...

Thought you'd like that funny,Kathy...and I love Sandra's term 'age with attitude'....great.
Your christmas card stash must nearly be complete now.

Lilian said...

More lovely cards Kathy. love the Friday Funny, Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Love that FF, what a great one. Brilliant batch of cards, I do love that blueprint snowflake stamp. Wow ! well done on creating such a fabby ATC using those 'challenging' supplies. As I said during our recent weekend of crafting fun, I just knew you would rise to the challenge.

luv
wynneth
x