Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning and welcome to another What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ..... what's on yours? Pretty much nothing .... see below. But, First, a card to share with you ....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 14½cm square, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope.
  • Off cuts of white card and black card which just so happened to fit this card size perfectly!! Cool Huh? I LOVE to be able to use offcuts!
  • Kaisercraft distress image stamped using Color Box deep paeony ink
  • Hero Arts scribbled heart stamped multiple times using Memento rosebud ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink.
  • I smooshed the Memento pad on the white/pink matting layer before stamping the heart randomly (using the same ink) to create a more interesting border
  • Stardust stickles to highlight .... dotted on the background and scribbled round the heart shapes too - it's actually quite sparkly IRL!
 
 
And a more masculine card too .....



Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white card and matching sized envelope
  • Offcuts of card (x 2, to include the insert) in black and Kraft + white for the image panels
  • Distress Inks (fired brick and scattered straw) swiped across the white panels and allowed to dry/lighten.
  • Using the darker panel for the base card (leaving the lighter for the insert in case the user wanted to write their chosen greeting on the panel).
  • Stampers Anonymous image and Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

Oh, how I love CAS cards - their lines usually (done properly) look so clean. These cards will form part of a gift, along with a number of my other recent makes - I hope they will be well received. I know that I am LOVING both of the above cards and will DEFINITELY be making something similar some time soon, though I PROBABLY WON'T be giving either to Sally and Roger on their own anniversary  or birthday .... for obvious reasons!
 
And now for my work desk - tidy huh?

 
 
 
Have a great Wednesday

7 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the first card, not so sure about the second one with it's odd image - what is that thing?

I wish my desk looked as tidy as yours!

Debs M said...

great cards and that is a tidy desk x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Is that a picture of your desk in the snow? LOL! Can't see anything!

The cards you've made look great though and I'm sure they'll be a hit.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Kathyk said...

It's from the Laboratorie set of cling mounted stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous, Lesley

Kathy

My name is Wynneth said...

Two awesome cards Kathy, I do sooooo love that set of Stampers Anonymous stamps we both picked up in Whim-so-Doodle ! I too shall be creating a number of male theme cards using this set to add to some gift packs of mixed cards.

Poor, poor, poor Table of Craftiness, how sad it looks sitting there all naked ! Did all your stash fit into it's allotted space ?

Great to have you home again Matey
luv
wynneth
x

That Craft Place Ltd said...

Just love this!!!

catherine said...

Cards look fabulous Kathy and my that is a clean workdesk!!
x catherine