Wednesday, 20 November 2013

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning,
 
And another batch of Christmas cards ..... how is it that I seem to have been making Christmas cards all year round (even entering at least TWO Rudolph Day challenges each month) and yet, still NOT ENOUGH hand made cards for Christmas?!?!?!? What happened to them all? Is there a Christmas card fairy that sneaks in and steals their favourites?
 
Needless to say, I have another batch to share with you today ...... hope you like these two.
 
Mark I - second attempt!
 
That was the mark I version .... I THOUGHT I would like to stamp the wreath in Brilliance ivy - it didn't work!!! Hardly showed up. The only thing to do in those circumstances is to mat and layer another attempt on top - and then, move on to  the mark II but using the same design - whaddya think? Mark I or II? Bearing in mind that time is of the essence!
 
Mark II
 
Materials used:
  • 6 x C6 white, scallop edged, 300 gsm card and matching sized envelopes
  • Penny Black Wreath and Inkadinkado sentiment stamped either in Versafine onyx black or Memento London fog inks
  • Stickles in Stardust and Platinum used to highlight the stars and ribbon on the wreath
 
 And here's the batch in its entirety ...
 
The whole batch on display

How the inside of each card looks

And the batch of envelopes
  
Of course, CASology have launched their latest challenge and the one word inspiration is: BELL - which might help me with my card issues!!!

My dear friend, Wynneth, came to stay at the weekend and look what gorgeous Christmas-y-ness she made for me and brought with her - thank you so very much matey - isn't it LUSH?


My fab new Christmas table runner
thanks Wynneth

Last night saw us at the splendid Raj's Indian restaurant once more (having been curry starved for six weeks!). Decided that (since our last trip was only Friday) to have something other than my usual and tried the chicken rezala (a madras hot dish with ginger, tomatoes and onions) - yummy but hotter than I normally opt for. It was a nice evening out with our friend too - good company and good food, what more can you ask for?

Finally, it's time to share with you all - my work desk this week, messy as always - it seems like only the stamps out on the desk change each week but hey .... it DOES get tidied every so often - HONEST!!!
 

 
Have a great Wednesday

6 comments:

Debs M said...

love those cards - the inserts and the envelopes look fab too! Lucky you to have that gorgeous runner from Wynneth x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Morning Kathy . . . love the Christmas card you designed. I'm opting for Mark II as my preferred version, but then, you know I'm just a CAS girl at heart!

LOVE that table runner. How clever of Wynneth.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great cards, Kathy - love that wreath design and the sentiment too.

What a lucky girl you are to get such nice pressies!

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fablious cards Kathy, I love them both but do prefer Mk II. I adore that whispy wreath I'm soooo glad I also bought it when you got yours. I made a couple of batches using this stamp last year, it hasn't come out to play yet this year but there's still time !

You are very welcome my dear, I'm just pleased that you liked your festive table runner and your pic of it is sooo much better than the dreadful fuzzy one I had taken before wrapping it up to bring with me last weekend. I'm busy making more runners, hoping to sell a few to fuel my fabric addiction !

Great workdesk, can't even tell there's a desk under the pile of stuff on mine - and on the dining room table which is a mixture of cardmaking stuff and fabric right now LOL

Have a great Wednesday Matey
luv
wynneth
x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Lots to love on this post, Kathy!! I adore the bell card design, so perfectly CASlicious for the CASology challenge!! And Wynneth's table runner is divine!! I do hope you find those missing cards before January. Then again, you'll be way ahead next year! Hugs, Darnell

clare said...

Fab cards and what a gorgeous quilted table running, such a lovely gift.