Friday, 15 November 2013

WOO HOO Friday once again ....

And this Friday's a special one ... I have a crafting pal coming to play AND then, tomorrow, we're both off to Swindon to attend a workshop (at Snazzys) with Cherry, Debs and Lauren - that'll be a blast. Mind you, poor Debs has been poorly this week but we're hoping she'll be well enough to attend. Feel better soon matey. My mate Wynneth has the longest journey so she's breaking the journey by staying with me tonight - there will be a glitter haze over Bristol!!!!
 
My husband came home on Wednesday with a present for me ..... MARMITE chocolate!!! I'm a big fan of marmite but in the true tradition of either loving or hating - he's a HATER!!! In fairness, he DID try a square but reckoned he could really taste the marmite. I thought it was yummmmmmmm and will have no problem finishing the bar!! Ooops, never get thin that way!
 
 
On a recent shopping foray I snagged some of the new metallic pan pastels .... wanna see what I used them for?
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square, scallop edged, 300 gsm white card and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square black card + off cut for matting
  • 13cm square white card for the image panel run through my Big Shot in the distressed sun ray embossing folder
  • I smooshed a Versamark embossing ink pad around the embossed panel before colouring using pan pastels in: light gold, copper and silver which I then set using cheap hairspray.
  • Kaisercraft crackle image stamped using Versamark ink and then pan pastel copper added and set with hairspray
  • Stampers Anonymous car image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then trimmed to fit the black card offcut.
  • Distress Inks in festive berries, tea dye and black soot - applied using a Tim Holtz blending tool and a foam pad
  • Tan/white bakers twine
 
I haven't decided on a sentiment but it may well be something like "Enjoy the journey" and will  probably be matted on to a distressed panel and placed top left on the card - still pondering though! In the meantime here is a close up which will (HOPEFULLY) show the EXTREME sheen ....
 
 
 
 
I was at the hairdressers yesterday .... many readers will know that the Purple Princess has long harboured the wish to have some purple element in the hair. In fact, I have tried on numerous occasions - all without success. I had all but given up until I met Jodie, who had the most wonderful and vibrant purple wedge of colour in hers. Needless to say, I could NOT pass up the opportunity so accosted her and asked the questions .... had she done it herself? and where could I get some? Following satisfactory answers from the slightly shocked Jodie I armed myself with my own tube before heading to the hairdressers, with fingers crossed ...... guess what?
 
The Purple Princess is FINALLY PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of ...... Wynneth (so you can blame her!!) ENJOY!!
 
 
 
Subject: FW: The Medium

-->
 
In a dark and hazy room, peering into a crystal ball, the Mystic delivered grave news:

"There's no easy way to tell you this, so I'll just be blunt. Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year."

Visibly shaken, Laura stared at the woman's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands.

She took a few deep breaths to compose herself and to stop her mind racing. She simply had to know.







She met the Fortune Teller's gaze, steadied her voice and asked, "Will I be acquitted?"
 
 
 
 
 
For some reason, wives tend to like this joke...
 
 
Have a great weekend everyone


6 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Terrific card and the sentiment you are proposing is totally appropriate.

YAY - you finally have proper purple in your hair. You are, without doubt, the Purple Princess.

I will look out on the news for a glitter haze over Bristol - will it stop planes flying???? Have a SUPER weekend with your mates.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the purple hair! I can't keep
with you and your purchases, I've only just managed to get hold of some gilding wax and now you have metallic pan pastels! Enjoy your crafting, love the funny.

Debs M said...

great make and love the ff - no doubt you and Wynneth will be crafting up a storm x

scrappyjacky said...

I simply cannot imagine chocolate marmite....are you sure it's not the Friday Funny!!??

Darnell J Knauss said...

Bwahahaha, this wife LOVED it, Kathy! I'm always shocked there aren't more hubacides and that's from a woman who really loves hers!!

Your pan pastel card is fabtastic! I think it should go to Wynneth and say something on the inside like "thanks for stopping the night with me on your journey." Eh?

And finally, YIPPEE on the purple hair on the Princess!! I think you gyped us on giving us just that tiny glimpse, however! C'mon, show us your whole beautiful face!!

Hugs to you and the other ladies! If you got this in time! Oh, and enjoy that whole bar. Life is too short!! Darnell

Katie Berberich said...

LOVING THE HAIR! How cool, you really are the purple princess!
I thought I'd seen a lot of crazy things, but Marmite chocolate? I like Marmite but am not convinced it'd work with choc! Ha, ha.
You live and learn!
Katie x