Monday, 2 December 2013

Another Monday ........ only 23 more sleeps!

Morning,
 
Having spent the last couple of weeks, virtually non-stop, making Christmas cards and now they are (for the most part) written ..... it was time to work on a card for my dear hubby who puts up with my idiosyncrasies as well as my crafting obsession (REALLY? .... Obsession? ....... You think?)
 
The card front

The card insert, complete with wobbler!

Side view to show dimension of the wobbler

And, finally, the co-ordinating envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card and white card (for matting and the image panel
  • DCWV "Winter" stack of papers
  • Round dies, scallop round dies
  • Martha Stewart dot scallop punch
  • Hero Arts sentiment banner stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black and cut out before matting on to green check paper ...... sorry - EDITED TO READ: Penny Black sentiment
  • Inkadinkado Santa image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black and die cut in to a circle before matting on to a green circle and then a black scallop edged circle
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight snowflakes and beard
  • Wobbler mechanism to Santa on the insert, to give movement on opening the card
 
The light is dreadful most days right now, trust me when I say that there is quite a lot of sparkle from the stardust stickles! Here's hoping my dear hubby will love it. I'm going to enter this over at the Sir Stampalot blog Stamping Sensations where their challenge is FREE AND EASY!! (anything goes). and thanks to Sarn for drawing my attention to this fab challenge

Took a break from making Christmas cards yesterday evening and went to Gloucester to visit friends and to have dinner. I can't believe that we haven't seen our pal Sheila much this year at all - shocking, must try harder in 2014. Sorry hubby couldn't fix your radiator though!!! We also saw our friends Brian and Sandra who are about to embark on an adventurous break - hope they'll bring back lots of photos! Dinner was, as always, very tasty and a pleasant afternoon and evening was had by all (hopefully all anyway!).
 
 
Have a fab day

10 comments:

Debs M said...

great card, does this mean all your cards are done? x

Kathyk said...

Yes, I'm afraid it does, Debs!! Sorry mate!

Kathy

Lauren Hatwell said...

You are SO organised Your Purpleness. I'm still limping along with mine but I think I'm getting there v e r y s l o w l y....

Lovely wobbler card. I'm sure Mr Purple will love it.

Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Fantastic card for the Mr.

Hugs, Sarn x

Lesley Thomas said...

Great card Kathy, sadly I'm missing a DH to give it to!

scrappyjacky said...

I'm sure he'll love it. I haven't started writing in my cards yet....but as some have to go abroad I better get a move on.

My name is Wynneth said...

Smashing card kathy, great use of the 'wobbler' and I'm positive that mr k will love it ! Obsessed ? You ? Never !!!

Still haven't started writing mine, other things got in the way, but have to get it done soon. Wish I was a well organised as you matey !

Luv
Wynneth
X

Brenda Brown said...

Great card for hubby, I am sure he will love it.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Francesca said...

Beautiful colouring, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Francesca x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x