Sunday, 8 December 2013

Celebratory Sunday!

Morning
 
Last night saw us heading out to dinner with my brother and my sister-in-law, we headed to the Swan. We're counting down to Christmas and met for dinner and present exchange. This restaurant is not one I've been to in the last 20 years (and possibly then some!!!) though both hubby and I remembered going there when we both worked just down the road. Dinner? Ann and I shared the bread and oils platter whilst my bruv enjoyed the mushroom and chestnut soup and hubby the chicken ballotine (sp?). Main courses were gammon steak, haddock and chips, posh burger and a turkey dinner - dessert was much easier for the waiter - 3 chocolate mousse and an ice cream - delicious! Service? Very good. On a scale of 1 - 10 how likely would we be to return - that'll be a definite 9 or 10 for all of us - yummmmm and only about 500 yards from a motorway junction too - easy peasy, though my bruv DID end up parked in the hotel next door!! Ooopsie!
 
Now, on to the crafting ...... yesterday's card for the new LIM challenge over at Simply Less Is More didn't QUITE adhere to their challenge rules so may be disqualified so I wanted to have another go . . . . the challenge? To use metallics and ONE other colour (I used gold and red but snuck in a sentiment in black, you see!)
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Gold and brown card for matting and layering
  • Inkadinkado image stamped on to white card using Color Box gold ink and then pan pastel metallic rich gold applied with a sofft tool before setting with hairspray
  • I used a Ranger "spreader" to apply lines using both the Color Box gold and Memento rich cocoa ink in random lines
  • I then used a couple of Visible Image "splats" and the same inks
 
THERE! I'm sure this adheres to the rules of the LIM challenge and it also fits with Lilian's new monthly challenge of "CANDLES" over on the Craftbubble 2½ forum (registration required)
 
 
Have a fab Sunday

6 comments:

Debs M said...

sounds like a lovely meal - great card too x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Cool - love this shiny card. xxx

Sue said...

Popped over from LiM , beautiful card love the random lines and splatters! X

Chrissie said...

Now this one looks really interesting Kathy!
I love the colours and the stamps are just great!
Thanks so much...as ever!
Chrissie
Less is More

mypapercraftworld said...

Such wonderful splashes of gold and red, Kathy ... perfectly complements the candle! Anita :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

I think they were both sensational, Kathy. I was confused, too. In other challenges we are told that white, black, gray, and tan are considered "neutrals," not "colors." So if I were you, I would have thought the first card satisfied the rules - I did the same thing and added red to my JIC. Be that as it may, it's always fun to see you entering your pretty cards as often as possible!! Hugs, Darnell