Friday, 13 December 2013

Hi there - hope you don't suffer from Triskaidekaphobia

Hi there,
 
Triskaidekaphobia?  (I  hope it's spelt correctly - I copied and pasted it!) ......a fear of Friday 13th!
 
I know it's Friday 13th but ..... I hope that no-one reading this has any kind of bad luck today. Are you superstitious about Friday the 13th? Do you have any rituals you must/must not do, like walking under ladders, black cats, etc?

Had a bit of a surprise outing yesterday ..... hubby was nipping over to friends in order to help out with some lappy issues they were having. I knew my pal was giving a piano lesson so hadn't thought of going too. HOWEVER, it transpired that her pupil wasn't arriving until 17:15 so I DID go and, in addition to a cuppa and a chat .... we also nipped to the mall!! IT WAS HEAVING! but we did only need a couple of stores and we managed to park in the overflow parking lot (didn't seem worth even TRYING for the main parking lot, judging from the traffic!). I even bought a couple of things in M&S on 3for2 that I didn't even know I wanted!! Sadly, my friend didn't get the top or cardigan she was looking for - but there's always next time! We were back in time to have another cuppa before Liz's pupil arrived too - Yee Haa! Nice afternoon and who doesn't like an impromptu shopping trip with a mate?!

My regular readers will know that I exchange ATC materials with a trading card buddy from the Isle of Skye. You may also recall that my last set of materials had me puzzling for a week before I knuckled down to making the ATC. What a change this time? The materials arrived in the post around 10:30 and, by 11:30, my ATC was speedily completed - WOWser. Is it simply because it was an excuse NOT to make a Christmas card? I wonder ......... anyway, here are the materials and the ATC I made - hope you approve and I hope Pam will too.

Incoming materials: two offcuts of paper, a strip of hand cut silver paper and the penguin topper

And here's the ATC I made with these materials:
 

 
 
Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Silver border peel off
  • Hero Arts background sentiment stamped on to the blue paper using Memento Paris Dusk
  • Penny Black Banner sentiment stamped on to an off cut of white card, using Memento Paris dusk and cut out
  • Scalloped circle die used to run the patterned paper through my Big Shot
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the sentiment banner and penguin

Want to see what I'm sending Pam?



Materials sent:
  • Off cuts of card in Black and red.
  • Offcut of DCWV "Ho Ho Ho" paper from the winter stack
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black (in case of alcohol marker use!)
  • Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens - to add twinkle to the "Believe" sentiment
  • Red/white bakers twine
  • Copper coloured eyelet
  • Wobbler mechanism (obtained years ago from Hobbycraft - I THINK it's by Papermania)
Want to see what I made with them myself? ......... the Santa image stand proud of the ATC by about 1cm so .. it's definitely going to need a LARGE stamp to post this one



And the side view, showing the wobbler mechanism

Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Alcohol markers
  • Stardust stickles - all over the "fur and facial hair" - it's pretty sparkly!
  • Crop-a-dile - to punch hole and set eyelet
  • Distress Ink - black soot - to soften the edges


Hate this winter weather where you have such difficulty photographing any twinkle!!! I'm entering this over at the Joanna Sheen challenge where their month long challenge is all about "making it sparkle"!!


And now for the Friday Funny - this week, courtesy of my pal, Sandra - do follow the link and .... ENJOY!!!
 


Oh My Gosh ! ! ! !     Where can I get one ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 


 


Only the British could dream up this Commercial
 
 Only 30 seconds long
You have seen her in many Victoria Secret ads on TV,
now you get the whole picture.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Have a great Friday and a fab weekend

6 comments:

Sue - said...

I don't suffer from it, I consider it lucky as I passed my driving test on Friday 13th many years ago!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Not phobic about Fri 13th . . . or anything else now. Used to be, but one day I just decided that if I didn't BELIEVE in all that stuff . . . I would be fine . . . and guess what . . . I am. No more saluting magpies or anything. Might as well salute a sparrow or something . . . who picked on magpies???

Right . . . on to your makes . . . fantastic ATC and wobbly Santa card. LOVE both of them. GREAT Santa image though.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MaryH said...

Enjoyed your post today, and yes Margaret was extremely helpful. Lots of the things I didn't have to ask..her enthusiasm just bubbled over as we browsed the store. Hoping I can get for a visit over Christmas. Loved your ATC's. Both of them. Very clever handling of Mr. Penguin, and your Santa was delightful as well. TFS & Merry Christmas.

Hettie said...

I am with Sandra. Don't believe in all the superstition and don't worry about it!
Love the wobbly tag and that snowman atc!
xx

Lesley Thomas said...

My father was the superstitious one in the house (I think a lot of sailors are) - I long ago decided to ignore them, especially as my daughter was born on a Friday 13th.

Loved the funny, and yes, I want one too (but then I'd be trailing round a young man and an electricity supply all the time - not that practical.

Wendy said...

Fabulous projects...Thanks for playing along with us at Joanna Sheen Challenge.
Wendy x