Had a bit of a surprise outing yesterday ..... hubby was nipping over to friends in order to help out with some lappy issues they were having. I knew my pal was giving a piano lesson so hadn't thought of going too. HOWEVER, it transpired that her pupil wasn't arriving until 17:15 so I DID go and, in addition to a cuppa and a chat .... we also nipped to the mall!! IT WAS HEAVING! but we did only need a couple of stores and we managed to park in the overflow parking lot (didn't seem worth even TRYING for the main parking lot, judging from the traffic!). I even bought a couple of things in M&S on 3for2 that I didn't even know I wanted!! Sadly, my friend didn't get the top or cardigan she was looking for - but there's always next time! We were back in time to have another cuppa before Liz's pupil arrived too - Yee Haa! Nice afternoon and who doesn't like an impromptu shopping trip with a mate?!
My regular readers will know that I exchange ATC materials with a trading card buddy from the Isle of Skye. You may also recall that my last set of materials had me puzzling for a week before I knuckled down to making the ATC. What a change this time? The materials arrived in the post around 10:30 and, by 11:30, my ATC was speedily completed - WOWser. Is it simply because it was an excuse NOT to make a Christmas card? I wonder ......... anyway, here are the materials and the ATC I made - hope you approve and I hope Pam will too.
|Incoming materials: two offcuts of paper, a strip of hand cut silver paper and the penguin topper|
And here's the ATC I made with these materials:
- ATC blank
- Silver border peel off
- Hero Arts background sentiment stamped on to the blue paper using Memento Paris Dusk
- Penny Black Banner sentiment stamped on to an off cut of white card, using Memento Paris dusk and cut out
- Scalloped circle die used to run the patterned paper through my Big Shot
- Stardust stickles to highlight the sentiment banner and penguin
Want to see what I'm sending Pam?
- Off cuts of card in Black and red.
- Offcut of DCWV "Ho Ho Ho" paper from the winter stack
- Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black (in case of alcohol marker use!)
- Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens - to add twinkle to the "Believe" sentiment
- Red/white bakers twine
- Copper coloured eyelet
- Wobbler mechanism (obtained years ago from Hobbycraft - I THINK it's by Papermania)
|And the side view, showing the wobbler mechanism|
Additional materials used:
- ATC blank
- Alcohol markers
- Stardust stickles - all over the "fur and facial hair" - it's pretty sparkly!
- Crop-a-dile - to punch hole and set eyelet
- Distress Ink - black soot - to soften the edges
Hate this winter weather where you have such difficulty photographing any twinkle!!! I'm entering this over at the Joanna Sheen challenge where their month long challenge is all about "making it sparkle"!!
And now for the Friday Funny - this week, courtesy of my pal, Sandra - do follow the link and .... ENJOY!!!