Wednesday, 18 December 2013

It's the last What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday before Christmas

and the penultimate of 2013 - blimey, what happened to the other 50?!?!?

Hubby was out again last night and I had an 18th birthday card to make (been a while since I've needed one of those!) ....  the recipient's a bit of a fashionista, so ...



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Close to my Heart Fashionista image stamped on to a white card offcut using Versafine onyx black ink.
  • Distress Ink in weathered wood lightly applied around the panel's edge to soften it, before matting on to silver mirri card and then black card edged using a Martha Stewart edging punch
  • Little Yellow Bicycle "Happy" from the CS105 set - Birthday stamped directly on to my base card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • 18th images from an Inkadinkado numbers set also stamped on to base card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Three faux crystal gemstones attached beneath the TH
  • Stardust stickles applied to the fashionista's top

As usual, my design has been carried across through the insert and the front and back of the envelope too.

 
 
Yesterday saw us out to lunch with friends, we crossed in to Wales and visited a lovely little pub/restaurant in Usk called the Nags Head where we enjoyed a lovely time with our friends and some good grub. No appetiser for me as I was saving myself for dessert!! I went for the steak pie which was home made and rather delicious, it came with sauté potatoes, mashed swede and broccoli - very nice. You know what? When it came to it - I didn't even have room for dessert!! BAH! I feel almost cheated! Then it was back to the  home of our friends, to meet their wildlife in the form of their new puppy, Meg, and their chooks ..... "chook" it out!!!
 
Meg's about five months old here

These are some monster chooks!!! and the cockerel's not even in the photo!!!
 
And now it's time to share the lamentable state of my work desk .... perhaps my New Year Resolution should be to tidy it!!! Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

 
 
Have a great Wednesday

7 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Nooooooooo, don't tidy! It makes me want to dive right in there! Very stylish card hun, she's gonna love that. Hugs Sxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Well, actually . . .I don't think your desk is too bad today (I've seen previous pictures of it where I've wanted to run away! LOL!)

The puppy looks SOOO cute . . . and oh how I sighed with wistfulness at the chooks. Love 'em.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Great 18th card kathy, I'm sure the fashionista will love it. You think your desk needs tidying ? You wouldn't if you could see mine, yours looks positively neat in comparison ! A post Christmas tidy is on my list once I've recovered from the excesses of the Big Day !!!

Thanks for your lovely comments on my bloggie, hope to have time for catching up soon, still preparing for our travels as well as Christmas at the mo, serves me right for buying so many gifts, the wrapping is taking an age !

Luv
Wynneth
X

scrappyjacky said...

I can hardly believe it's only a week til christmas!!!
Lovely card.

Debs M said...

great card and the pix are fab x

Lesley Thomas said...

My table is a lot worse than yours Kathy - it's piled up with all the stuff from elsewhere that I don't have cupboard space for. It would take me a good hour to clear it all off if I wanted to make a card.

crafty-stamper said...

well your desk is a lot tidier than mine which is about 4ft long and under about 6 layers of stuff! love the fashionista card
Carol x