Friday, 6 December 2013

Morning and welcome to the Friday Funny

Morning peeps,

After a series of dull grey days I decided to make a card with SHINE .... oddly enough, the sun is shining today for the first time in two weeks so we have added SUN shine!!!



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Red card and black card for matting, white card for the image panel and sentiment panel.
  • Martha Stewart edging punch
  • Two faux crystal gemstones
  • Inkadinkado holly flourish stamped on to the white image panel using Versamark ink
  • Pan pastels in silver, pewter, gold and bronze applied using a soft tool before burnishing with paper towel and sealing with hairspray
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink
 
 
And here's a close up which I hope will show you the fabulous sheen to the pan pastels - I'll be entering this card over at Moving Along With The Times (MAWTT) where their challenge is a sketch - oddly enough, I used the sketch myself only the day before the challenge (see my last post!). I COULD have entered it in this weeks challenge over at pan pastels if ONLY I hadn't used the red card as their challenge is to use metallic pan pastels PLUS ONE OTHER COLOUR ONLY - BUM! Instead, I shall be entering this over at Addicted to Stamps and More where their challenge is "CLEAN AND SIMPLE".



WOW! Hold the front page ..... it's a card that ISN'T a Christmas card!!! AND I can enter it over at MAWTT and also the Simply Less Is More "Sparkle" challenge as it sure IS sparkly!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square, white, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square (x2 - to include the insert) Kraft card
  • 13½cm square white card (x2 to include the insert)
  • Double sided clear sheet adhesive cut in to zig zag
  • Off cut of Kraft card and white card (for image panel) to which I adhered the unexposed part of the double sided adhesive.
  • Once the image panel was attached to the card I exposed the rest of the adhesive sheet and liberally sprinkled Stampendous holographic gold glitter, pressing firmly in to place before removing excess
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image and Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to image panel using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Alcohol markers used (CAREFULLY as Versafine normally smears when in contact with Versafine)

How are your Christmas decorations coming along? in our house, we've had the tree up for a week - I blame the earliness on a visit from an aunt and uncle which caused us to re-think all the boxes lying around with the decorations inside - put them back in the loft or put them up!?!? We opted for the put them up option!



And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes to you courtesy of ScrappyJacky. It came to me in e-mail form entitled "Why seniors still need newspapers" ..... ENJOY!!!
 
I was visiting my granddaughter last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper.
 
"This is the 21st century," she said. “I don't waste money on newspapers. Here, use my iPad."
 
I can tell you this. That fly never knew what hit him!.
 
Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend

10 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVE the FF - made me chuckle!

BOTH the cards you're showing today are super. I really love the anniversary one though . . . brilliant.

Happy Friday.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Gerrina said...

Love your friday funny! And love your sparkling cards! Have a great weekend, Gerrina

Chrissie said...

What a beautiful stamp Kathy!
Super card.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More

Debs M said...

great cards, love the metallic pp's x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are both super cards, Thanks for playing with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

byheleng said...

I like the scallop shaped card :) Your cards are sweet!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous designs and great cards Kathy. Love both your cards. TFS the FF, made me smile.

hugs {brenda} x0x

Nonni said...

Your stamped flourish is very beautiful and makes an elegant card.
Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

Shana Gaff said...

I really like the scalloped edge on your card. The red looks lovely with the black and white and metallic. Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

Debs said...

Two beautiful elegant cards - love the flourish in the first one.
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx