Monday, 30 December 2013

Morning and welcome to Monday

Morning,
 
Sad to say that a number of my readers will be returning to work and, with those who've already returned to work, it's beginning to look like it's "back to normal" (whatever THAT is).  I was particularly glad, however, not to have to get up and go to work yesterday with a thick white frost covering the cars - hubby's almost black car looked entirely white yesterday - brrrr. I hear that we still haven't seen the last of the bad weather either so, do take care if you have to travel. Here's hoping your work day will go smoothly for you all.
 
Me? I treated myself to a Sunday in the warm watching movies recorded over Christmas and crafting ..... I notched up "High Society" before moving on to episode one of "Death comes to Pemberley" - P.D. James sequel to Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice", first episode makes me think they've done well though, of course, the characters don't look like those imagined in my head for all these years! And what did I make whilst watching? ........ check it out, I am LOVING the sparkle medium my Secret Santa sent me for Christmas.
 
My card

And a peek at both the inside and the envelope!
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of card in lilac, lavender and white (no new sheets were harmed in the making of this card - don't you just LOVE using up snippets?)
  • I used low tack tape to attach my TCW stencil to the white card offcut before applying Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium in soft purple. I also sprinkled a light dusting of Sparkle 'n Sprinkle's "Impulsive Purple" glitter to give some contrast - it was then set aside to dry for an hour before matting on to lavender card.
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to lilac snippet using Memento grape jelly ink, cropped close and then mounted on to an off cut (of an offcut!) of lavender card. I matted this on to my card/image panel using 1" wide foam tape
 
As you can see I carried my design across to the inside of the card and to the front and rear of the envelope though I DID use a Paper Artsy stamp (which I stamped off once) and Memento grape jelly ink rather than the stencil, thinking the sparkle medium might upset the postal system!!!!
 
As the above card uses a number of snippets I'll be entering this over at Pixies Snippets Playground.
 
My pal, Debbie, is back from her amazing vacation to Peru today and I'm hoping that the weather will not interfere with her travel plane. Once she's caught up with her jet lag, we hope she will share her experience and photographs with us. Weather shouldn't have been TOO much warmer at the higher altitude she's been at so the chill here shouldn't be too much of a shock (though the ferocity of the wind and the rain might be), we did nip to her house and turn the heating up for her, in readiness for her return.
 
 
Have a great week and Happy New Year

 


9 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Oh I can see this medium is becoming a firm favourite of yours Kathy. Great results.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy - love the card, and it's sprinkles. I find the holidays in the middle of the week seem to throw me out completely and I never know what day it is!

Debs M said...

Great make Kathy - I watched the whole 3 episodes last night as our guests will be here til thurs x

clare said...

Sparkle medium looks great!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card and wasn't Santa good to you :) I like the way you took the design on to the inside and the envelope too. Elizabeth xx

Di said...

Wow Kathy, this is beautiful. Yet another thing for me to try out :)

Oh, and the only rule with the snippets Playground is to use a snippet or more - so no worries about me ever making it Christmas only :) Grin, just like a dog, a snippet isn't just for Christmas :)

Happy New Year!

Hugs,

Di
xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Kathy ah love the card... and no, a different product not heard of before ... argh..

..glitter medium wondering if you ca just add glitter to ordinary medium, mmm, sounds like a thing to try :D

Every blessing of the LORD for 2014. Shaz in Oz.x

kay said...

Its beautiful x

Irene said...

A beautiful sparkly card Kathy - what did you think of A Murder at Pemberly?
luv
irene
xxxx