Monday, 16 December 2013

Morning - welcome to another murky Monday!!!

Morning peeps,
 
Hope you had a good weekend - did you all finish your decorating for Christmas? If you make cakes and/or puddings - are yours made? We don't eat fruitcake so never both with Christmas cake or puddings. My mum used to make us a 3" square Christmas cake - but we always had some left in February!!!

Was it me or did everyone get some pretty DIRE weather over the weekend? The sun shone for about an hour on Saturday morning but the rest of the weekend was wild, wet and WINDY!!! YUCK! It was definitely a weekend to stay in and craft! ........
 
Decided to make something other than a Christmas card and I'll be entering this in the "Anything but a card" challenge over at the ABAC challenge where it's Merry and Bright - the bright? Well, it IS bright red!!! I've made a decoration for my tree ....
 

 
 
 
Materials used:
  • One piece of Michaels 6" x 4" Christmas stack paper, taped down the short side using Stix2 tape.
  • I then taped one end, turned my tube sideways and taped it again
  • Crop-a-dile used to punch a hole at one end and then to set a silver 3/8" eyelet
  • Red/White bakers twine for the "hanger"
  • Inkadinkado snowman/Let it Snow image stamped on to white card using Versamark ink and white embossing powder
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass, broken china, faded jeans applied using a Tim Holtz blending tool - to create an "Ombre" effect, before cutting out and matting on to navy card which was also cut out (I did this to make the image more rigid) and then mounted on to my decoration using dimensional foam tape
 
 
And, with the use of twine, I can also enter this in to the Hobbycutz challenge of "All tied up"! I'm also going to enter this for the "Let It Snow" challenge over at Simon Says Stamp (thanks Debs for the reminder)

Happy Monday peeps

9 comments:

Debs M said...

great make Kathy - I might have that challenge on my blog from yesterday if thats any help? x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVE this Kathy. The shape of it reminds me of Calypso ices! Yummy!

Happy Monday.

Hugs, Sarn x

Kathyk said...

Thanks for that, Debs, have amended my post and entered the challenge

Kathy

Kobie Fouche said...

Fab project. Nice seeing you at the challenge...
Hope the weather changes soon...

scrappyjacky said...

All set for christmas here....just fresh food still to buy!

Lisette Baker said...

Fabulous decoration. I've never made one of these but they would be fabulous as tree gifts. Thanks for joining in at Anything But A Card Challenges this time.

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Chris said...

Great idea for a tree decoration, Kathy. Lovely to see you at Hobbycutz this week. Have a great Christmas!
Chris
x

Julie Short said...

What a fun Idea Kathy and I love the bright. Thank you for joining in over at Anything But A Card this challenge.