Saturday, 21 December 2013

Saturday chatter and it's another challenge day

Morning
 
Welcome to Saturday and another challenge day for me on the crafting front. I've a list of "preferred" challenges (mine anyway) in the side bar of my blog just in case you fancy having a go ....
 
After our really early start yesterday (taking a pal to the airport for 04:00!!!) I wasn't sure how I would feel about crafting. It was nearly 4PM before I got round to it too!
 
Managed to get another couple of cards done for my Anniversary batch - I've now got four finished and another one to complete. It's very gratifying using offcuts of card to mount my JOFY images on too - HUZZAH!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 2 x 15cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged cards and matching sized envelopes
  • Offcuts of card in white, red and black
  • JOFY image stamped on to white card, coloured with alcohol markers and cut out.
  • Glossy Accents applied to the heart and set aside to dry (the other one of the pair has far more air bubbles in as the bottle was running out .... hence why the rest of the batch used stickles!)
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped directly on to the base card using Versafine onyx black ink
 
As usual, my design got carried through the insert and the front and back of my envelopes
 
 
 
 
Since I used quite a lot of snippets (off cuts) for the above cards AND because Di over at Pixies Snippets Playground has extended her challenge, I'm going to be entering my cards there too.

Of course, by now, our pal should be safely installed at her hotel and concentrating on having a great time. And, talking of hotels .... I've booked my hotel for the weekend of CRAFTATHON 2014 - it's official - I'M GOING!!! Just gotta hope some other crafting pals will too! I've a separate page on this blog for Craftathon and I hope you will be keeping an eye on it too.....
 
Have a great Saturday and a an even better weekend .... got Christmas get together's planned? Don't forget there are only FOUR more sleeps till Santa!!! For those of you with young children then you might want to check out (if you haven't already) this link to the NORAD Santa tracker - you can watch Santa's progress on Christmas Eve!!! 

7 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Wahoo - you are going great guns on your anniversary cards Kathy. This one is great. I hoping Santa remembers I asked for some JOFY stamps in my letter to him!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great card Kathy x

scrappyjacky said...

They look great....love those JOFY images.

Di said...

Fabulous Kathy - so glad you came to play after I extended the opening hours :)

Mulled wine is behind the remains of the burnt down Playground bike shed :) Blame the girls for that!

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

Such a bright & cheery card for such a wonderful occasion. I really liked that dimensional heart. Was so pleased you bopped over to Pixie's to enter it too. Loved the way you decorated the inside so pretty too. Great card. TFS, Hugs & a Big Merry Christmas to you & your loved ones too. We are enjoying mid-70 to mid-80 sunshine here in So. Fla and very welcome it is too. Our area in SC is getting some cold rain. Lovely to be back in the sunshine state.

Brenda Brown said...

A lovely card to add to the growing makes. Live the stamping on text paper.
Have a wonderful and magical Christmas Kathy.
Festive greetings.
hugs {brenda} x0x

My name is Wynneth said...

Awesome Anniversary cards Kathy, I sooo love that JOFY heart stamp - might have to acquire that one in the new year LOL

Congrats on getting booked into the hotel for Craftathon so speedily. You won't be alone as I most certainly will be there - just not staying at the hotel as my accommodation is just a short drive away. I'm so looking forward to our next crafting get together.

luv
wynneth
x