Saturday, 14 December 2013

Saturday chatter

Morning readers,
 
How are you this fine (and sunny) morning? Yes, you read that right .. the SUN IS SHINING!! It doesn't look much like Christmas this morning but it's just nice to see some sunshine.
 
Well, the run up to Christmas has started in the house of purple with meals out on Tuesday and Friday (with friends) and a last minute shopping dash on Thursday (with my friend, I hasten to add, before you all say "but I thought you said you had finished your shopping"!!!). We've a birthday party this weekend and several lunches and dinners next week too so we'll be stuffed before we even GET to Christmas!!! It's one of the things I love about Christmas, the catching up with friends and family - not the stuffing of yet more food.
 
Last night saw us at our local fave curry house (the marvellous Raj's) with friend (and neighbour), Debbie - we had a lovely meal as usual, and then it was back to ours for more chat and drinkies.
 
This morning, aside from enjoying the sunshine, will see domesticity and crafting here ...... I usually call Saturday my challenge day as there are quite a few challenges set on Saturdays. However, several of these have launched two week challenges which I've already entered! Simply Less Is More have their dreaded One Layer Card challenge this week with the theme of "The Twelve Days of Christmas"- now I HAVE the perfect set of stamps by Penny Black ..... it's just a shame that most of the DT examples seem to have deployed this set too! Oh well I couldn't think of another alternative so here is my first entry - must have a rummage .. and see if I can come up with something else
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Penny Black "Twelve Days of Christmas" (day 9) image and sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens in pink and silver - to add just a dash of colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the dancing hedgies tutu
  • Inkylicious sentiment stamped twice across the top of the card, using Memento tuxedo black ink
 
As is my usual habit these days, the image and sentiments have been carried across to the insert and both the front and back of the envelope. Hope you like my card
 
Have a great Saturday however you spend it - just think, only ELEVEN more sleeps!!!
 

10 comments:

Gerrina said...

Love your image, so beautiful the glitter on it! Have a creative day!

Margaret said...

Fabulous card Kathy - love that image!
Margaret x

Di said...

Great card Kathy!! My heart sank too when I saw that the DT had scuppered thoughts of using the fab PB set - good for you though, this is lovely!

I'm off out to search for seven swans a swimming now!

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

love this Kathy x

MaryH said...

Always love a sweet PB Hedgie..this is probably my most fav motif in the PB lineup. The sun is most definitely not shining here in Upstate SC but soon we will return to ?hopefully?Sunny So. Fla. Love this delightful little dancing hedgie ballerina and it made into such a delightful card. TFS & Merry Christmas.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Perfect one layer Xmas card Kathy.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Julia Aston said...

What a cute little dancer! Looks like a lot of people have this Penny Black set! how perfect for this challenge!

lilybygilly said...

I love the cute little dancing hedgehog - how cute! Gill x

Chrissie said...

Just fab Kathy!
I love the twinkle on her tutu!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen said...

Just Fab.. glad you used this set... and love the twinkle
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"