Saturday, 7 December 2013

Saturday chatterday and challenge day!

Morning peeps and welcome to another weekend - hope you have some plans .... some of you will be putting up your Christmas trees this weekend - may your Christmas lights burn bright - unlike us! We've had four fuse bulbs blow in just one set of lights! Unfortunately, the set is part of the pre-lit tree, grrrrrr! - never buying pre-lit again!
 
And here's yet another Christmas card - using double sided sheet adhesive and GLITTER - what a lovely sparkle?  AddictedtoCAS' new challenge is SNOWFLAKES and you will see that there a number of snowflakes surrounding the sentiment in the card below - so, here's my entry.
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square panel of red card
  • 13½cm square panel of white card
  • Off cuts of red and white card die cut using an X-cut fancy bookplate die
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped on to the white card bookplate using Versafine onyx black
  • Double sided sheet adhesive cut in to banner shape and two glitters used: Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Red tomato glitter tinsel and Stampendous holographic glitter in gold
  • Image panel adhered to card using dimensional foam tape
 
 And another Christmas card, a more contemporary design, inspired by blogging pal, Sarn, she has a fabulous stamp imitating lines of varying thicknesses ..... I had to use an acrylic block for mine, because I couldn't reach the drawer which houses my journaling supplies (and thus my plastic business card - perfect for dragging through ink/paint!!!) but ..... hope you like it anyway. Over at Simply Less Is More their new challenge is "A TOUCH OF METALLIC" - a CAS card using metallic colour plus one other (in my case RED) ..... usually, these challenges also allow the use of black and I'm HOPING this one will too - otherwise, I'll expect one of the fabulous LIM-ettes will let me know ..... and then I'll have to have another go!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Mirri card and black card for matting
  • White card offcut for image panel
  • Acrylic block swiped through Versamark ink and randomly applied to image panel
  • Embossing powder in Roman Gold and Red Tinsel applied to versamark swipes and heat embossed - not sure you can see just how twinkly the embossing is
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to the white card using Versafine onyx black ink
 
And finally, guess what? A CHRISTMAS CARD - go on, fess up, you are NOT surprised .... are you? I really MUST be done with Christmas cards .... until the New Year!!!, mustn't I?



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, scallop edged, 300 gsm card and matching envelope
  • White card panel (cut larger than needed
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass, broken china and faded jeans
  • Tim Holtz blending tool and mat. Method used: OMBRE technique as described in the January edition of Craft Stamper
  • Water splashed from fingers, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Kaisercraft sentiments (2) stamped (once D.I.s had dried) using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Dark Blue card and silver mirri card used for matting.
  • Before attaching my sentiment panel I stamped the Rubbernecker tree image directly on to my base card using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the tree

I'm sure there must be a challenge out there that the above card will fit but ....well, I'm HOPING that CASual Friday will accept my tree outline. Their challenge? to feature a tree or trees .....



Saturday is normally my crafting day - lots of challenges to enter ....... check out the side bar to my blog which lists a number of challenges I like to have a go at, time permitting! I may well be back later, if one (or more) inspire me!!

Happy Saturday everyone ....... "Deck those halls"!!!

 

14 comments:

Kathyk said...

Actually, I'm expecting the LIM-ettes to disqualify my entry as I COMPLETELY forgot and added an extra layer! SORRY LIM-ettes. I'll have another go and promise to do better

Kathy

Debs M said...

that's a pain Kathy - great makes anyway x

Lesley Thomas said...

Great cards Kathy. - no time to watch the video, it's 12.30pm and I've done nothing today!

Gerrina said...

Great cards! Love the LIM-card best... Have a great weekend, Gerrina

Chrissie said...

Great metallic effects Kathy!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Lindsay said...

Such nice cards Kathy! Thanks you for sharing them with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Craftilicious said...

They're all great Kathy - I do love the way you swiped your ink on the LIM card I thought you'd stamped it.
Tara
x

Brenda Brown said...

Super cards Kathy and yes continuing to deck my halls today.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Well I love all THREE cards - but am particularly drawn to the middle one (no surprise there!). Thanks for the mention matey.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Great cards Kathy xx Jan

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Kath this is a beautiful card with a fabulous snowy sentiment - thank you for joining in the fun again at ATCAS!
Merry Christmas - Sylvia x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Kath this is a beautiful card with a fabulous snowy sentiment - thank you for joining in the fun again at ATCAS!
Merry Christmas - Sylvia x

Deb said...

Your tree outline is perfect for the challenge! Love the splattering. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi Kath, what gorgeous cards loving all of that sparkle and the beautiful christmassy colors. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATCAS.

Marie