Sunday, 29 December 2013

Sunday and only a few more sleeps till 2014!!!

Morning all
 
I have a card to share with you today, the idea for which I freely admit to having lifted from the blog of a dedicated (and talented) CAS blogger, Susan Raihala, I hope she will forgive me plagiarising her design and giving my own twist. I hope you will follow the link and check out her blog - you'll see what I mean ... obviously, I couldn't (and didn't want to) copy her design exactly but as soon as I saw her fab design a particular stamp came to mind - check out my take, below.
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square lavender card
  • 13cm square white card (x 2, let's not forget the matching insert)
  • Visible Image feather stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Visible Image ink blot and Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
Being somewhat obsessive with certain images and thinking how lovely the above feather image was .... I just couldn't stop at ONE card now, could I?



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm , scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Kaisercraft distress image stamped using Brilliance orchid ink
  • Kaisercraft alphabet image stamped off with Brilliance purple ink (thus creating a soft border backround for my focal image)
  • Visible Image feather image stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles traced down the "quill" of the feather

As usual, the design got carried across the inside of the card and the front/rear of the envelope. I've recently made quite a few anniversary cards but started to write some of the ones early in 2014 - imagine my surprise when I realised I'm about half a dozen short - be warned, you may yet see more!

Happy Sunday peeps, the weather is set to be vile again in many parts of the country so whatever you are up to today then do take care. We woke up to  a REALLY hard frost this morning - in fact, it ALMOST looks like snow ...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


 
 
 

3 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Brrrr. We had frost too!

Lovely feather cards here Kathy. Off to check out SR's blog.

Hugs,
Sarn xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the feather stamp and how you have used it.
Wishing you a new year filled with joy and happiness and I look forward to seeing more of your fabulous cards in 2014.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

great cards Kathy x