Sunday, 22 December 2013

Sunday and only FOUR more sleeps! ... make that THREE

Morning readers
 
Well, we're now down to only FOUR (oopsie ... THREE - thanks for that Lesley) sleeps, it will be the fresh veg/fruit/dairy shop for us tomorrow but ... today? That's a lazy and sociable day! Especially as we were out to dinner last evening. Hubby very kindly volunteered to drive so ..... we went to Thatcham to visit friends and then the six of us went out to dinner at one of their local Chinese restaurants, the Szechuan, we usually order the set meal for FIVE!, and it's always plenty! Yesterday we ordered the meal for four and it was still plenty!

Got pals visiting this afternoon - breaking their homeward journey south. And then this evening another pal popping in. How I love Christmas, it's such a great excuse to get together with friends! Seasons Greetings to all of our friends this Christmas.
 
And the challenge over at Simply Less Is More this week is to use a previous challenge - with the stipulation you MUST mention which you chose!! I used Sketch 6 because I LOVED IT!!! Thanks ladies, this sketch has gotten me out of many a hole and, sad to say, I found absolutely perfect for sympathy cards too - not too fussy. In fact I had to deploy one of those sketch/sympathy cards only this week - regular readers will have noticed that I haven't visited my pal Dorothy lately without mention of her not being any too well and, sadly, she passed away this past week. My sympathies go out to her family and other friends, we'll miss you Dorothy. Anyhoo, I have had to send out too many of these cards recently and my stock has been depleted so ...... 

 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of card in white, grey and black. The black and grey panels edged across the bottom using a punch from a Martha Stewart PATP set
  • Hero Arts "old French script" image stamped on to the white card panel using Memento London fog ink
  • Imagination Crafts thistle image stamped over the French script using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped directly on to the base card using Memento tuxedo black ink

In case you don't recall Sketch #6 ...
 
 
Now, this is a great sketch and I have used it since it appeared as a LIM challenge and will no doubt use it again. There was another challenge I LOVED and which my fellow LIM-ettes gave me the additional challenge of an entry per day - can anyone recall what that might have been? I MAY just have to have another go at that one this week too!!! AND as it uses snippets, it's another entry over at Pixies snippets playground too!!!

Have a fab Sunday

12 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Morning Kathy

So sorry to hear you needed to use a Sympathy card. Always worse this time of year somehow.

This is a nice sympathy card and made great use of the sketch.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Such a sad reason to make a card, but you have made a lovely job of it x

Lesley Thomas said...

Like the card Kathy, but isn't it only 3 more sleeps? (tonight, Monday night and Tuesday night)?

Kathyk said...

Blimey! Maths was plainly never my strongest subject - thanks, Lesley!

Kathy

Jan Ltc said...

Gorgeous card Kathy xxx Jan

Di said...

Hi Kathy, I spotted your entry on my dashboard earlier - am glad someone put your right on the four sleeps, didn't know whether to just let you trundle through Christmas Day unknowingly :)

This is a lovely card, albeit for a very sad occasion. They're always the hardest ones to make - this one is perfect.

Happy Christmas - only three sleeps remember!

Hugs, Di xx

Brenda Brown said...

A lovely card for a very sad occasion.
Have a wonderful and magical Christmas.
Festive greetings.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lesley Thomas said...

Soooo sorry you lost a good friend Kathy, my condolences to you and her family. As I get older, I'm starting to dread losing my friends. Lovely card, I might have to look out for that stamps. Sending ((((((((hugs))))))))), Lesley

Chrissie said...

I love the image you used Kathy and I'm so pleased you loved the sketch, it's one of my all time favourites too.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm sorry to hear that Dorothy passed away, Kathy. Your sympathy card is very nice and I agree, that's a fantastic sketch for any occasion!

I wish you a happy, happy holiday and all the best in the new year!! Thank you for all your visits and support this year! Holly Hugs! Darnell

My name is Wynneth said...

As one of those 'pals calling in on homeward journey south' I can say it was lovely to see you and Mr K. So pleased we managed to fit in the visit.

I was very sad to hear of Dorothy's passing, with your regular updates on her and reports of your visits, I almost felt as if I knew her. So sad and difficult when Loved Ones Pass close to the Festive Season, when everyone else is in celebration mode.

I love the Sympathy card you made and you're right that sketch is a great one.

luv
wynneth
x

Gerrina said...

So sorry to hear about your pall. Think you picked a great sketch and made a perfect card for such an occaision... Inky greetings, Gerrina