Saturday, 28 December 2013

The last Saturday in 2013

So ....... that was Christmas then!! I do hope that Santa was kind to you all. I know he was very kind to me and I'm grateful to everyone who gave me a gift, I was really spoiled this year.
 
Some gifts will keep on giving and some are finite, one gift I received (my Surrogate Secret Santa) was a meal for two which we'll book in the New Year.
 
Whilst I was browsing in M&S shortly before Christmas I availed myself of some of their 3 for 2 gift ideas and bought some games for Boxing Day and a little stocking filler for my plane crazy hubby - his was the free one so it didn't blow my budget ...... some assembly required - but he loved it, took him back to his childhood too, being MECCANO!! It was really quite a good buy and it came with the necessary for assembly - kept him amused for ages!, and now? It sits atop his computer - reSULT!
 
 
 
I FINALLY made it to my craft table AND I got to break the seal on some new stash too - perfick!!






Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • C6 Purple card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of white card which "just so happened" to be almost perfectly sized for the above projects - how cool was that?
  • Imagination Crafts "Sparkle medium" in soft purple and a spatula
  • Brass, steel and plastic stencils
  • Low tack tape to hold stencils in place
  • Paper towel - for emergency clean up!
  • Lilac and grey pearl card, for matting and layering
  • The inside and envelope featured a Penny Black wood mounted sentiment stamped using more new stash - the stazon Violet ink pad

What fabulous sparkle? I DO hope that Imagination have a January sale .....

And, whilst I was at it, I made the card in to a second entry for the challenge over at Simply Less Is More. Their challenge was to pick a previous theme (but be sure and mention which) well, it was a no brainer for me ..... mine's WEEK #49 "Predominantly Purple"!!!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Soft Purple sparkle medium and spatula (see above project photo)
  • TCW stencil
  • Low tack tape
  • Splat images by Visible Image and Inkylicious stamped in Brilliance purple and Violet stazon
  • JOFY set #14 image and sentiment, both stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles dabbed on to design elements before sprinkling with Sparkle 'n Sprinkle glitters in Impulsive Purple and Mystical Mauve


Have a great Saturday

10 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

WOW - great results from your new favourite medium!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Glad you had a lovely christmas....that looks like the perfect gift for your hubby.

Lilian said...

So glad you were spoiled over Christmas and you had a good time. Hubby'g gift was as you said perfect.

Love your makes Kathy. I really like the trees
Hugs
lilian

catherine said...

Glad you had a good time Kathy and enjoy your new stash
x catherine

Lauren Hatwell said...

OoooOOOOoohhhh! Schparklyyyyy!!!!

Looks fab Kathy and that little aeroplane is so cute too. I can see it would be right up hubby's street (as it were :oD)

Lx

Debs M said...

great makes and love that little plane x

Jo said...

ooooh embossing medium, i'm yet to try that, the results look fab! glad you enjoyed your crafty time :)
(cute lil' plane too)
Wishing you a happy and prosperous 2014! xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the results of your Christmas stash Kathy - Look forward now to 2014, I've had enough of this year.

MaryH said...

Oh I love the little plane. Bet he had such fun assembling this one, and it turned out fabulously. Loved all your new goodies too, and you are fantastic to have used some a'ready. Good for you. The cards are lovely, and I'm liking all that texture. Especially loved the trees one. I see we are tied in the followers list..good luck in reaching goal. We'll celebrate, huh? Happy New Year, and so happy I found your lovely blog. Looking forward to creative goodness here in the coming year. TFS & Hugs.

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas, Kathy, and that you got a chance to play with some of your new goodies and make us such lovely eye candy!! It's great that you made a pretty purple card for that particular LIM - wasn't that nice of the ladies to have a challenge made especially for you?!!

Happy New Year!! Cheers! Darnell