Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Triffik Tuesday

Hi folks,
 
Now, here's a useful thing, my fellow bloggers, though many of you may already be deploying it .... a "SEARCH this blog" function. I've often seen them on other blogs but never quite worked out how to do it. Well, on Monday, one of the blogs I follow (creative smiles) updated me on how it could work and also directed me to another blog where I could copy and paste the infamous "code" ..... PRESTO! It only blooming works!! So, you can now search my blog for all sorts of things, like previous Friday Funnies etc - ENJOY!!!

I've also had a bit of a refresh of the bloggy with the Christmas background - hope you all approve - it'll stay till New Year probably and then I expect I'll be back to the rock-y background in purple .... because I loved it!

So, how are you all holding up in the frantic scramble to be ready for Christmas? I would like to THINK I'm on target with my cards written and (mostly) posted, my presents bought and wrapped and the shopping under way with the non perishables nestling in cupboards about the house. The decorations are up inside and out ...... is it just me or does this all sound TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? I'm just waiting for the "OOOOPS" moment that I'm horribly afraid is on its way in the form of forgotten presents, cards, food or, worse, ALL of the above!!! I simply can't believe that a Christmas tree that likes to blow fuse bulbs is the worst mistake I'm going to make this holiday season ... watch this space to find out whether I'm right!!!!

Last evening saw me out to dinner with a pal, to celebrate Christmas and exchange presents over a pleasant dinner with lots of chat. We went to a Chinese restaurant which is located approximately half way between the two of us!, AND easy for Sue to get to by bus. Unfortunately, you know what buses can be like .... we were chatting away and she missed one bus so had an hour to wait till the next ..... I'll give you a lift home I said as we nattered on. As we prepared to leave, a good 20 minutes later, her bus hoved in to view and sailed past us. Lucky for her she hadn't been waiting on the chilly bus stop all that time, eh?!?! We've eaten at this restaurant before and never tried the "eat as much as you want buffet", figuring we'd never do it justice but (at £9.99) with appetisers, entrees and dessert we only had to have one "main" meal dish in order for it to be worthwhile so we tried it ..... the usual gamut of appetisers with ribs, prawn toast, satay chicken, crispy seaweed and spring rolls followed by our choice of main dish with pineapple or banana fritters to follow - mmmm, but we rolled out of there and we didn't even go round again! Apparently, their record for diners is FIVE main dishes - that is never likely to be either of us!!! It was a very pleasant evening but one we won't now get to repeat until next year as our diaries are rapidly filling up for the next few weeks (wonder why)!!!!

This morning I've been at my craft table and I am SURE it will not surprise you to see that I haven't quite finished with my obsession with making Christmas cards ...... despite the fact that I have written and sent all those cards I believe I need to send out though (see above about THAT!) I'm sure the odd one or two will sneak in through the letter box causing me to rethink this! I've kept this card blissfully simple but, I think, pretty neat ........ see whether you agree



Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Ink in tumbled glass simply pressed on to my card blank to create the coloured background
  • Papermania reindeer image and Penny Black sentiment both stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the antlers and "snowflakes"

As is my usual habit ..... the insert and envelope get to match.




And, there you have it .... I believe it takes longer to clean the stamps than to make the card! Always handy for those last minute (or forgotten) cards whether it be for Christmas, birthday or any other occasion you might wish you'd remembered earlier!!

Have a great Tuesday

2 comments:

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous CAS card Kathy, I love your sparkly image and pretty blue background.
Pauline
x

Debs M said...

chinese sounds yummy and I love that card - might have to come up with something similar for my forgotten ones! x