Wednesday, 4 December 2013

What's on your work desk - this first Wednesday in December?

Morning all,
 
Yet another What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday .... what's on yours? I'm almost betting that there's a Christmas project of some description on most desks this week - certainly I've been working overtime on Christmas cards - I find myself wondering how long it will be (once Christmas is over) before I make another, for all my good intentions to make EIGHT cards each month!!! I seem to have done little else since returning home in early November!! Ah well, it's lucky that I really enjoy making Christmas projects and that I have such a nice selection of Christmas images and sentiments to choose from ..... Here's a card using one you may not have seen much ....
 
 

 
Materials used:
  • 15 cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of red card, white card and black card
  • Rubbernecker tree image stamped using Versamark ink
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Golden Follies embossing powder sprinkled over image and heat embossed
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black

As usual the image and sentiment was carried across the insert and the front and rear of the envelope too. It's nice and Sparkly and still CAS so I'll be entering this over at Simply Less Is More
 
And now for a couple of tags for the gifts intended for my surrogate grandchildren ...
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • Rymans smooth white card
  • Go Kreate fancy tag die
  • Recollections Santa hat image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black and then cut out
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles
  • Foam tape to attach hat to tag
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to tag using VIVID! red ink
  • Narrow red satin ribbon
 
And my work desk ..... messy (AS ALWAYS) - I'm not even going to bother saying I must tidy it soon because you all know that I most likely just won't get round to it!! Maybe I should make that a New Years Resolution ..
 
 
 
Do you make resolutions? If so, do you keep them all year .... or just a few days/weeks?
 
Have a great Wednesday peeps

7 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Fabulous card and tags hunny! I am convinced that each year there are fewer weeks between one Christmas and the next, lol. Oh and I adore your messy desk, it makes me feel at home - it's not mess, it is creativity in action.
Huggles xx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great schparkly festive card and I am LOVING those cute tags.

The less said about the state of your desk the better!

NO, I emphatically do NOT make NY Resolutions any more, as I never kept them in the past! I have resolved not to make resolutions!!!! LOL!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Christmas is on mine as well!! Especially loving the tags.

Debs M said...

ooh love that tree! great tags too x

Darnell J Knauss said...

That card is really a cool design, Kathy! I think just the top white card layer with that wonderful glittery Christmas tree flourish would make a great card all by itself, but I also love how you have matted it to the base! And the tags are adorable; the kiddies will love them! Hugs, Darnell

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing... You HAVE been busy. Love the very stylish card and fun tags. A work desk to be proud of. If only I could get into my craft room to photograph my desk it would be a start... tsk tsk...

Lx

Chrissie said...

Super sparkle Kathy!
Thanks so much...as ever.
Chrissie
"Less is More