Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Woo Hoo and welcome to New Years Eve

Morning all,
 
You ready for a party tonight? Not sure what we're likely to be doing - we stopped going out on New Years Eve when we had our dog and she was so terrified of fireworks and now we no longer have Poppy we've simply never gone back to it ....... though things change here at the Purple Palace at the drop of a hat these days!

Yesterday I received a bumper crop of packages from Royal Mail and ParcelForce - been on-line doing some shopping since Christmas and have started my 2014 birthday shopping - I've one birthday coming up in the not too distant future so I set about wrapping it yesterday evening - must think of a co-ordinating card to accompany it ....
 
 

 
 
Materials used:
  • Burgundy tissue paper and tape
  • A4 White card cut lengthwise to a strip about 1½" wide (it wasn't QUITE long enough so ....)
  • White card offcut die cut in to fancy book plate
  • Die cut stamped with Kaisercraft distress image using Memento London fog
  • Inkadinkado alphabet used to spell the recipients name stamped using Brilliance crimson copper
  • The strip was also stamped with the Kaisercraft distress image but using the Brilliance crimson copper and also a Kaisercraft alphabet image using Memento London fog
 
Makes an ordinary looking gift a little more special, don't you think?
 
 
And, finally, I would like to wish you all a great New Years Eve and HAPPY NEW YEAR - see you in 2014, let's hope it will be a good one for us all and thank you for your continued support and friendship here in blogland!!!
 
 
 

7 comments:

Cherry said...

Beautiful wrapping for a special someone Kathy. Gorgeous colours. Happy New Year to you and Steve. Looking forward to crafting in 2014. We are staying in tonight with the grandmas coming over tomorrow for a New Year's Day Lunch. Hugs Cherry xxxx

Lesley Thomas said...

An interesting parcel, Kathy. I don't go out one NYE either, just sit and watch the fireworks on the TV, then head off to bed with a good book. I can't stand the TV programmes that follow the fireworks.

I'm very much wanting to get rid of 2013, and start on 2014. My biggest problem (so far) will be losing the whole stone I've put on in recent weeks. (Sigh).

scrappyjacky said...

Happy New Year to you....I think ours will be a quiet one as well.

SARN (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

. . . and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours Kathy.

We'll be having a quiet one too.

Next year is set to be an exciting one for me . . . bring it on.

Cheers! Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! That looks really special Kathy. What a gorgeous colour that tissue paper is!

Happy New Year to you too.

Lx

Zippy said...

Lovely wrapping!

Happy New Year to you too xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Up before you Kathy, Happy New Year to you. I so hope this one is going to be better than the last one. Thank you for brightening my day every time I come to visit.