HAPPY EASTER - Hope you all remembered to set your clocks one hour forward last night!!
A new Sunday challenge started a few weeks ago over on the Hobby Cutz blog and today it is my turn to present the third challenge. My challenge brief was to present a CAS (Clean And Simple) sketch, take a look below
- 15cm square, 300 gsm white scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Distress Ink in seedless preserve sponged round the outer edged of my card and then flicked with water which was then allowed to "develop" for a few seconds before blotting with paper towel.
- 14cm square panel run through my Tim Holtz embossing folder and then very lightly sponged with Distress Ink weathered wood on the very edges, just to give a line of definition between the card and the embossed layer.
- My Hobby Cutz die cut (S0042) was coloured with treasure gold in onyxite, applied with a cosmetic sponge, then very lightly brushed with liquid gold leaf in classic gold and set aside to dry. There's just the merest hint of gold on the fence and, sadly, my photography has not shown this to it's best - sorry readers!
- Paper Artsy image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to white card and cut out before sponging Distress Inks: seedless preserves, shabby shutters and pumice stone on the image
- Paper Artsy sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and cut out before sponging with Distress Ink in seedless preserve (I used the sponge I had used for the card edging without adding further ink). It was then matted on to black card.
On a bit of a crafting roll yesterday with my one card two challenges ..... and I managed a piece for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge too - the theme was "ANYTHING BUT A CARD" so I went with a tag and, whilst I'm sure lots of other entries will also feature tags ...... you can never have too many tags now .... can you? However (and don't you hate it when this happens?) on reading a post by the Galloping Granny I hastened back to re-read the rules and it says .... Anything but a card, ATC or tag so I guess I can't enter it after all - but, I'm always going to need a tag or 50 anyway so it's not like it's wasted!
- Go Kreate die tag - I cut one in white card and one in Kraft card and then adhered them together.
- On the white card side I stamped my Kaisercraft image of bubble wrap using versamark ink before sponging pan pastels in Hansa Yellow and Permanent Red
- I stamped the Recollections Santa hat on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink
- Alcohol inks used to colour the image
- Stardust stickles used to highlight the "fur" areas of the hat.
- Once the hat was adhered to my tag I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment, directly on to the tag using Versafine onyx black ink
Hope you like it and I hope my fellow 52CCT-ers will forgive my error too!