Wednesday, 1 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR - welcome to 2014 and the first What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,
 
Hope you're not too fragile after celebrating the New Year - I'll try not to shout!!

We didn't get up to much though we did have a visit from our pal, Debbie, who's just back from Peru and jet lagged but we did want to catch up over a glass of bubbly to wish her a belated Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year - we caught up on her fabulous vacation - the good news is that she had a great time and saw some fabulous sights, we hope she will share some of her photos with us at some point too.
 
If you've been checking out my blog this past year you will know how obsessive I've become about the Kaisercraft background images ..... the occasion arose for a card for an eleven year old boy and, well ..... what do I know about eleven year old boys?!?!? If you stopped by my blog earlier in the week you will have seen the gift wrap using two of these gorgeous Kaisercraft images and I went with them for the card too .... and I hope you will conclude that it IS suitable for an eleven year old boy - though I have discovered a gap in my stash - must rectify immediately - well, perhaps when I meet pal Debs (not the one who's just back from Peru!) at Snazzys!
 
Both the present and the card

here's the photo from yesterday showing the co-ordinating wrapper


The front of the card


And inside the card using design elements from the front and the gift wrap
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Kaisercraft Sketchy image (I called it Distress yesterday but I checked and it's DEFINITELY Sketchy - sorry) and the Inkadinkado "HARRY" lettering both stamped using Brilliance crimson copper
  • Kaisercraft alphabet image stamped using Memento London fog
  • Inkadinkado "You Rock" and "guitar" image both from the same set stamped using Versafine inks in onyx black and vintage sepia
 
And now for a photo of my work desk ... it doesn't change a whole lot so I've tried photographing from a different angle ..... still messy though!!! Maybe THIS year will see me keeping it tidier - but then again!!!



Hope 2014 will be kind to you, dear reader, and to your family, all the best.



 

6 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

It's been great keeping up with your diary this yeR Kathy and seeing your fabulous makes.
I am looking forward to reading about and seeing more of your fabulous creations again this year and wish you and your family a very happy and blessed 2014.
hugs {brenda} x

SARN (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I can't BELIEVE you joined in with WOYWW on New Years Day! LOL!

FAB card . . . just right for an 11 year old boy - or any musical male for that matter!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Kathy xxx

Viv said...

Happy New Year Kathy ! great card and my craft room is way more messy than your stash I see here lol.Look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations in 2014 :) Viv xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

I think the package, band, and matching card all rock, Kathy, and Harry will love them! I think kids always love to see their names on things. Well done decorating the inside of the card, too!! That should be one of my resolutions for the new year!

I'm sorry that you have been having trouble accessing my blog. That's not good!! I have no idea what to do about it. I finally broke down and started using Chrome to resolve my error message. It works fine; I just resent the way Google "plays games" and sneakily forces their customers to Chrome. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

I'll just be so glad I can still blog and I hope you stop having trouble getting to me. I've enjoyed your visits and comments and thank you very much! I wish you every happiness and good health in a craft-filled new year! Happy WOYWW!! Hugs, Darnell #8

Darnell J Knauss said...

PS, I forgot to tell you that I LOVE the new profile picture!!

Debs M said...

great make Kathy - glad to see you have started making a shopping list already ! x