Monday, 13 January 2014

Monday, Monday, start of another week

And let's hope we get some sunshine this week too!!! Don't know about you but I'm a bit fed up rain or cold, and occasionally both! It's sunny here right now - can't help wondering how long for though!!!

It's definitely been rather a lot of "stay in and craft" weather and, whilst you will get no complaints from me, I really feel like I OUGHT to be getting out and about a bit more and, perhaps, working off some of those excess Christmas pounds!!!! (that's pounds weight rather than money folks!)

I am, therefore, mightily glad that Mr Mojo and I are still on good terms though I do know this is not the case for many of my friends (both in real life and in blogland) and hope that this situation will soon be remedied and that all will be craft-y in their World too.

Want to see what I made almost as soon as my dear hubby shut the door last night, on his way to the indoor flying session?



Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Ink, picked raspberry, "swiped" top to bottom of the card, inside of the card and on both the front and back of the envelope too.
  • Kaisercraft "chequer" image stamped in the picked raspberry too and, as you can see above and below, this was carried across the inside and envelope
  • Recollections splatter pattern stamped using Distress Ink in barn door
  • Sunday International (Dee Greuning) coneflower image and Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink in all of the same places

I simply cannot get enough of these Kaisercraft clear images and, at under £4 each, feel I can occasionally indulge!!! The chequered image was recently acquired from Val at Snazzy's on a trip to meet Debs, on Saturday - good to see new stash getting inky so soon, isn't it? Got many stamps in your collection that have yet to see the ink pad? Me too!! And I HOPE to remedy that, along with using some of my excess of coloured card blanks too. 

Anyway, enough of that ....... here's a glimpse of the inside of the card and of the co-ordinating envelope



I hope you like it, I think it's just the sort of bright and breezy CAS card to get the week started!, don't you? Not quite sure who will be the recipient of this card, yet, but you can never have too many birthday cards, can you?

Have a great Monday and, if you have dull, dank weather then put on your brightest smile and hit the table of craftiness and tell Mr Mojo that I sent you!

11 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card Kathy. It rained all day her yesterday and I hate to say it, but it's probably either on its way, or with you now. Perhaps it's time to make another card!

SARN said...

I have sunshine toooooo! Yipppeeeee.
S'not gonna last though apparently!

Love your swiped 'n' stamped card. Glad Mr Mojo alive and kicking with you.
xxx

Debs M said...

great card, love the harlequin stamp x

Viv's Visuals said...

This is really nice Kathy... and I have been for a walk this morning taking advantage of the dry weather... as it ain't gonna last long!

Katie Berberich said...

Happy New Year Kathy!
I adore this stamp too, I love the red/pink together, they work beautifully. What a great way to pass the time.
Wishing you and Steve an awesome year.
Katie x

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun this is just gorgeous just adore,what you have created here hugs Cherylxxxxx

scrappyjacky said...

Great card....love the coordinating envelope.

snazzyoriginal said...

Love what you have done with that Harlequin stamp - wasn't sure I needed it before lol! xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Kathy, love the design and good to see you using new supplies so quickly.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. I have to get and do some card making. I have knitted and crocheted but not cards since Christmas,
Hugs
lilian

MaryH said...

Love all these bright textures here. I've seen these K texture stamps on Scrap Made Simple's video and they look awesome. You've used them so well on your project, and I really liked the addition of your dark stamping too. TFS & hope you are getting some sunshine. Hugs