Thursday, 9 January 2014

Whoops! You weren't expecting a post from me today now, were you?

Morning all,

The sun was shining its little heart out earlier but has now given up the ghost and the weather has reverted to its more usual self - dull and grey but at least it's not raining!!!

An unscheduled appearance in blogland from me today ... I was bloghopping and spotted a sketch and an idea just popped in to my head before I could stop it - ever had one of those moments  yourself? It was over at CAS Colours and Sketches and is their challenge #56



Materials used:
  • White C6, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Red card off cut, for matting both the image panel and sentiment
  • White card for image and sentiment panel
  • Penny Black "inclinations" image stamped on to image panel using Adirondack red pepper ink
  • Stampers Anonymous frame image stamped on to small white card off cut, using Memento London fog ink
  • Kaisercraft grid image over stamped using Memento pear tart
  • Stampers Anonymous birthday sentiment stamped in to the frame panel using Adirondack red pepper ink before mounting the panel using dimensional foam


I LOVE this image and just WISH I thought to use it more often - thank you for reminding me CAS Colours and Sketches! And the sketch I used? Here it is :


Have a great day

10 comments:

Viv's Visuals said...

This is soooo nice Kathy! Love the colour!

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card...and such a simple sketch.

Debs M said...

love that stamp Kathy = great card x

Brenda Brown said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Karen Haman said...

Awesome card! What a perfect stamp image for the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Jacqueline said...

This is lovely and perfect for our sketch challenge this week at CC&S - thanks for joining in Kathy - Jacqueline xx

Katie Berberich said...

Great stamp, love the red. An interesting sketch too.
Katie

Patricia H. said...

What a pretty monochromatic meadow! I'm glad you shared it with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches.

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, I love how you've stamped your pretty card! Great use of the sketch. xx

Lizy Bartaby said...

This is really lovely Kathy! I love the monochrome!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week :)
Lizy xx