Saturday, 25 January 2014

Morning and welcome to Challenge Day Saturday ...

Wotcher peeps,
 
Saturday's are normally challenge days for me, last Saturday I didn't get much of a chance as we had overnight guests and were in clean and tidy up overload for much of the day ..... so, I'm DETERMINED to craft my socks off today!! So there!!!
 
First item to share with you is an ATC ...... recently I bought some more of those wondrous bits of polymer that are Kaisercraft background images and I broke open the seal on the "Tiny Dots" for Friday's post - you know, I REALLY think this is going to become a much loved favourite - like the "chequer image" ..... not so taken (YET) with the "hessian" image, but there's still time! Without further ado, here is the ATC
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White ATC blank
  • Distress Ink in iced spruce "swiped" across the ATC, I LOVE how it leaves the darker edges
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped using Distress  Ink in iced spruce too
  • Recollections "splatter" image stamped several times using Distress Ink in peacock feathers, which I also used around the edge of the ATC
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment and mini blueprint typewriter image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
Simple, quick, and pretty cool to boot! I bet it would look great with Faded Jeans and broken china (or tumbled glass) - or dusty concord and seedless grape - hmmmm!

And, following the success (in my own mind) of yesterdays challenge make and the ATC above I find I am using the same stamps again ..... I hope you will agree, however, that I have managed to treat them slightly differently although I DID use the same colour scheme.




Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped across my base card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Recollections "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Go Kreate scalloped square die used to cut a 6cm scalloped square from an offcut of black card
  • 5cm square cut from an offcut of Kraft card
  • 4½cm square cut from an offcut of white card and stamped with a partial impression of my Inkadinkado "guitar" image, using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Dimensional foam tape was used to attach the image panel to my base card
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped beneath my image panel using Versafine onyx black ink

As usual, these days, my design was carried across to the inside of the card and both the front and back of the envelope. I'm on a roll with these masculine cards lately, but feel I probably have enough now - perhaps it's time either for a Christmas card (HEAVEN FORFEND - it IS only January!!!) or an anniversary card - hmmmmm.

And here it is - a Christmas card using the same basic layout.




Materials used:
  • Same as above but with an Inkadinkado reindeer instead of the guitar and Stampers Anonymous Christmas greeting instead of the birthday greeting as well as using Distress Inks in festive berries and barn door

Whilst it "sort of" works I have to say that I don't care for it in the same way I LOVE the black/grey colour way - is it the image perhaps or is it just the colours? Still, it IS one less Christmas card I'll have to make in November!

Clare posted the new Rudolph Day challenge over on Craftbubble 2½ (registration required) and, coincidentally enough, her challenge is: "Circles, Spots and Dots" so this fits in because of the use of my "tiny dots" image - yee haa - I shall probably have another go sometime within the next couple of weeks too, as I need to make around eight each month!

And, at Simply Less Is More they have launched their new sketch challenge - reckon I can combine two challenges here ....




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel, edged using Distress Ink in broken china
  • 3 x circles cut using white card off cuts, two edges with Distress Inks ... tumbled glass and broken china
  • Kaisercraft "bubble wrap" image stamped across my image panel using Distress Ink in tumbled glass
  • Inkylicious "dot" image over stamped across my image panel using Distress Ink in broken china
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Craft Stamper freebie "snowflake" (if my memory serves me well then I think this was a Chocolate Baroque image) stamped on to the smaller circle using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Stardust stickles added to snowflake to give sparkle
 
And here's their fab sketch



And, since I have made TWO Christmas cards I'm eligible to enter Sarn's Rudolph Day challenge (see it here) - WOO HOO, I AM on a roll today!

Do you have a "GO TO" stamp manufacturer? I am LOVING the Kaisers but I also love Inkadinkado, Stampers Anonymous and Penny Black (for their brushstrokes as much as their cutesie!)
 
I may yet be back with either a second post of, if I'm quick, an edit to this one!! In the meantime ... have a SUPER SATURDAY!

23 comments:

SARN said...

Ooh, SOOO much loveliness to enjoy here. LOVING all the work you've shown on today's post - with possibly the typewriter ATC and the guitar card being my faves.

Hope you have a super Saturday too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

Sorry Kathy . . . forgot to say THANK YOU for entering your 2 excellent Christmas Cards into my Rudolph Day challenge. Keep up the good work.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Chrissie said...

Great cards Kathy, I love your interpretation of the LIM sketch.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Laura said...

Loving the Christmas cards.
My go to stamps were Banana Frog but they are no longer around. Not found another favourite yet!
Laura

Kathleen said...

Fabulous gallery of cards and love the way you have used the LIM sketch

Kath x

scrappyjacky said...

I love that guitar stamp....used wonderfully again.

Di said...

Wow Kathy, a brilliant selection of cards here! I do so love the guitar stamp - more spending :)

Hugs, Di xx

mamapez5 said...

My you have been busy. I love that stately reindeer on your first card, and the way you have used the CAS sketch. It is good to get a head start on the Christmas cards too isn't it. Kate x

Gerrina said...

Wow some production! Love the basic sketch wich fitted so many challenges. Your cards look great! Have a creatuve weekend, Gerrina

Margaret said...

Fabulous cards Kathy
Margaret x

Brenda Brown said...

Great makes Kathy, you have been busy.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Kathy! I love them all! I think the guitar one just makes it as my fave though. Thanks for your lovely comment x

Lynne said...

Great LiM card Kathy. Love your background stamps.
Lynne xxx

clare said...

love your cards. the ATC is ace!

Mary said...

Wonderful cards! Your Reindeer card is my favorite. Again...very nice!

Lesley Thomas said...

The dots work a treat Kathy, Love all the cards! (Especially the layered look in the red Christmas one)

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy, left a long message and the page froze, so I love all the cards, especially the stamped border on the red one. Inspired!

Cherry said...

Gorgeous creations, all of them, PP. Love those background stamps in all the variations. Sorry to hear your weather is as bad as ours - lol. Will it stop raining by Craftathon?! Hugs Cherry xxx

Kathyk said...

Good heavens .... I HOPE SO!!!

Kathy

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards Kathy well done on being 1st xx Jan

Anne said...

Wow what a gorgeous bunch of creations Kathy! Love that background stamp you used and your LIM submission with those stacked circles is fab.
Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
Anne
LIM GD

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So many great cards to look at here. You definitely stamped your socks off! Don't get frostbite on your toes though. I can see why you are in love with that tiny dots background. Whoo! It is so fun. You've dished up some great cards for us to check out.

scrappymo! said...

So many lovely card...my favouite is the deer...looks so wonderful with that texture background stamp.